Did you start clubbing in the late 1980's?

I am interested in hearing form people who were born in or close to 1970 and started clubbing in Sheffield in the late 80's (say 86, 87, 88).

I would be interested in your memories of clubbing from that time. For example, which clubs did you go to, what were they like, what did you wear, what music did you listen to and did you meet any girls/lads in them.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

Legally yes, but I was born the year after the (first) Summer of Love. :D

By 86/87 I'd moved on to the Chicago House dance stuff, 87, was Acid, 88 was THAT Summer of Love.

While I was at raves (the proper illegal ones, not the anaemic modern club version) my mates were in the big room at Cairo Jax doing that odd Hawaii 5 O canoe thing. :huh:

Sadly, even today at my advancing years it's not unknown to find me on the top of the speaker stack never mind the stage :hihi:

I was born in 86 so it would be funny to see how much clubbing has changed. Did you once say that some podium dancers you saw wore lycra cycling shorts?!

Yes in Roxy's but this was in 1993 (the year I first went clubbing).

I always think that I started late and often wonder what I missed out on when I was around 17/18.

Yes in Roxy's but this was in 1993 (the year I first went clubbing).

I always think that I started late and often wonder what I missed out on when I was around 17/18.

well get out there now b4 u hit 40 and find out cos there are loads of places (reflex, kingdom, plug leadmill) that play all the old 80's 90's tunes so go and catch up on what u missed!!! then u can come on here and tell us all about it!!

Archived