Which group has killed 900 in Britain in 6 years?

swede1973 is right, it's men. But what is shocking is that 900 is just the number of women killed by men in that period, two thirds of whom were killed by their current or ex-partner. Imagine the outcry if it was Islamists or other terrorists. There seems little outcry over the shocking level of domestic homicide though.

How many have been killed by men and women on the roads during that figure. It'll be even higher than that 900 I expect.

But yes - we are all running scared of the terrorists and passing daft laws left right and centre when there are far larger problems much closer to, and inside homes than some nutter with a black flag....

I know someone who works for a domestic violence charity so I see quite a lot of outrage about it. It is a massive tragedy which is why there have been moves by government such as the domestic violence disclosure scheme (aka Clare's law) to attempt to address it.

I don't think it's helpful however to frame this entirely as a male on female crime. And just to put the figures into some kind of context with other tragic deaths; around 4500 men kill themselves each year and I see very little outcry about that. Equally there were about 3500 cyclists killed or seriously injured in 2014.

http://www.rospa.com/road-safety/advice/pedal-cyclists/facts-figures/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/ons-suicide-statistics-10-ways-we-can-stop-men-killing-themselve/

How many have been killed by men and women on the roads during that figure. It'll be even higher than that 900 I expect.

But yes - we are all running scared of the terrorists and passing daft laws left right and centre when there are far larger problems much closer to, and inside homes than some nutter with a black flag....

I couldn't agree with you more if I tried!

swede1973 is right, it's men. But what is shocking is that 900 is just the number of women killed by men in that period, two thirds of whom were killed by their current or ex-partner. Imagine the outcry if it was Islamists or other terrorists. There seems little outcry over the shocking level of domestic homicide though.

You think that's shocking, check out how many have been killed by cars! They're murderous things cars.

Perhaps one of the reasons is that people are under severe pressure these days...men especially.

If you trying to fulfil your historical role as a breadwinner and are struggling to look after your family in an insecure, rapidly changing world run by economists with no thought to people and your job is at risk...then you could take those frustrations home with you and take it out on your partner and family.

That could be physically, verbally or emotionally and we are all guilty of it (women included)

We need to try and ease that pressure on people...but I have no idea how.

Perhaps firing a warning shot to the economists/bankers/politicians over the corrosive effects of Globalisation by using the Brexit vote was one of them...