Which group has killed 900 in Britain in 6 years?

Quite possibly the silliest premise of any thread ever.

I'm sorry you thought it was silly Alan. I wanted people to think about it in the way that they might if terrorists were killing that number of people, year on year. I think people would get very, very upset about that and would be up in arms demanding something be done.

I take the point that people have made about road deaths, but while many road deaths are clearly preventable because they are down to some peoples' atrocious driving, it is also that case that there is an inherent risk in travelling at speed and accidents will happen, so some level of traffic fatality is an inevitable side-effect of driving. But women shouldn't have to accept that being murdered is an inevitable side-effect of going outdoors or being in a relationship.

It would be also interesting to see if there is any kind of specific cultural/religious background which is more accepting towards abusive behavior of men towards women :? But I guess such a statistic would not be politically correct...

why was Jo Cox MP murdered ?

I'm sorry you thought it was silly Alan. I wanted people to think about it in the way that they might if terrorists were killing that number of people, year on year. I think people would get very, very upset about that and would be up in arms demanding something be done.

I take the point that people have made about road deaths, but while many road deaths are clearly preventable because they are down to some peoples' atrocious driving, it is also that case that there is an inherent risk in travelling at speed and accidents will happen, so some level of traffic fatality is an inevitable side-effect of driving. But women shouldn't have to accept that being murdered is an inevitable side-effect of going outdoors or being in a relationship.

An inevitable side effect? It's not! It's a very very rare effect of being in a relationship with a murderer.

While I have no wish to minimise in any way the deaths of women at the hands of men they have been in a relationship with, I noted that the 900 deaths were over 6 years. The figure I was more familiar with was 200 or more per year. given that 900 averages at 150 per year this is an improvement on older figures but of course it does not include suicides of women who have been in abusive relationships.

The terrorism figures for deaths and injuries are far lower about five in the last 6 years. However there are many failed or thwarted plotted and planned attacks for which people are sentenced in court to jail. Far more difficult of course to monitor personal relationships and take action but many of the women who are killed have asked for help and either do not get it or are intimidated into retraction of statements, still further many are exploited by police officers as we have heard in the last week. Sexual exploitation by police officers, seemingly, the most prevalent of corruption offences within the force.

What is the common denominator in all this carnage, road deaths included. To me it would seem that complete selfishness and an utter disregard for the rights of others to live without being put in danger by irresponsible actions and demands.

Edited by Margarita Ma
personal conclusion.