Affordable large houses

onlineo

Thanks, even more suggestions to look at. The 3rd house posted looked really nice, although a tad too small. The 2nd was definitely of the size and if purchased at the asking would have quite a bit of budget left over for spending on renovations. The first looks big and rather new, with a large looking garden in budget. No comment on the locations as that takes more time that I wont have until after Christmas.

The auction house doesn't work because if Im living there then the rear development is going to be bulldozed and turned into a garden. The cost and hassle of this would be knocking £30k of anything I would bid, which would be £100k less than the asking as I am buying a derelict building. If I was to buy, do up, build and sell I see too much work and not enough profit. This is a buy, do up build and rent, and that market is disappearing due to tax changes.

As a thought slightly off topic; there has been a lot of land or land plus houses being vastly over valued at the moment, it is no surprise to see lots not selling.

Edited by onlineo

TAs a thought slightly off topic; there has been a lot of land or land plus houses being vastly over valued at the moment, it is no surprise to see lots not selling.

But maybe it would be worth investigating such lots post-auction?

Many vendors might be prepared to sell for less than the Reserve Price for a quick transaction.

Good advice. No change from our requirements the house I linked to doesn't have the desired size garden, but it would also be way over our budget. I put our requirements in post 1. Overall house size, garden size, area requirements, price etc. I could be more specific in size of a room, but I understand that I need to be fairly flexible. I am currently renovating a house to sell, its only my second one but I wouldn't be afraid of a project, but equally I don't particularly want the extra hassle.

Understand, I like Crookes, the shops are good, walk into town is doable, busses every 4 to 6 mins, schools are excellent, bolehills is a large park and 10 mins walk. Lydgate park is small and 5 mins walk. Lots of local interest /sports groups for kids in church halls all walkable in 5 mins. I even like the vibrancy the students bring to the area (luckily there are only 2 student homes left on our road, so not too noisy). I like thay though we live in Crookes it is less tha 10 mins walk to Broomhill, and only 5 mins walk to Crosspool.

However we have de cluttered, extended into the cellar (the loft was already done) and our family is going to grow again. We barely fit in the house, the garden is the size of our car, though it gets great sun and is often 5C warmer than anywhere else in Sheffield. We own a trampoline that is actually larger than our garden.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I have put your comments in bold but I don't see in your first post where you have specified they following:

minimum number of bedrooms, bathrooms or receptions rooms. This is more what I meant rather than the information you have given. Its often easier to make suggestions if you know the specifics. One example is an annexe building or perhaps investing in multifunctional furniture so a room can have more than one purpose eg a bed turn into a desk for a bedroom or a coffee table that turns into a dining table. I have been looking at these options for my elderly in-laws. It may not be ideal but may suffice until you are able to upgrade to your ideal property.