Central government want council tax rise to fund elderly care.

Since 2010 local authorities have seen a 40% cut in funding grants. Now the government is indicating that councils should increase council tax to foot the bill for social care.

My council tax for the year 2016/2017 from R.M.B.C already includes £25.55 per year for Adult Social Care,i don't mind as long as it goes to those who deserve it.....:)

My council tax for the year 2016/2017 from R.M.B.C already includes £25.55 per year for Adult Social Care,i don't mind as long as it goes to those who deserve it.....:)

Well as I have said before I wonder how they work things in Spain to look after their elderly ?

A friend of my son's has recently moved to Spain, near Cordoba, and her council tax for the year is around £70 and the roads are well maintained, bins emptied on time etc. Our council tax for about the same size property are around £1400.

Well as I have said before I wonder how they work things in Spain to look after their elderly ?

A friend of my son's has recently moved to Spain, near Cordoba, and her council tax for the year is around £70 and the roads are well maintained, bins emptied on time etc. Our council tax for about the same size property are around £1400.

Looking at the Spanish forums it would appear that council tax is only one of many taxes levied on residents. There are community taxes as well as separate taxes for water, sewage, etc. Plus, as far as I can see, care for the elderly is restricted to the extremely poor and everyone else has to pay.

Looking at the Spanish forums it would appear that council tax is only one of many taxes levied on residents. There are community taxes as well as separate taxes for water, sewage, etc. Plus, as far as I can see, care for the elderly is restricted to the extremely poor and everyone else has to pay.

That could explain it max.