Wednesday v Barnsley Tuesday 13th

samssong

That tackle could have been any player in an Owls shirt, in fact he could have been any player in any shirt for any team. I have had issues with Hutchinson's conduct in the past however that is completely irrelevant to the incident in mention Sibon and I am merely going on what I have seen.

Like you I have to played in back in super slow motion. Initially Hutchinson leaps in with one main leg out however as he approaches Hammill he then enters the tackle with the second leg, making it a two footed tackle by both players at the point of impact.

http://i63.tinypic.com/167uikw.png

A two footed tackle means a tackle where the player jumps in with both feet, Sam slid on the turf with one foot tucked behind him won the ball and his other foot came forward as he slowed momentum, it was ridiculous to send any player off over that though following the letter of the law the correct decision was made.

A two footed tackle means a tackle where the player jumps in with both feet, Sam slid on the turf with one foot tucked behind him won the ball and his other foot came forward as he slowed momentum, it was ridiculous to send any player off over that though following the letter of the law the correct decision was made.

I've watched it back three or four times and I can't see a foul. Neither player should have walked or even been booked.

Thanks for that GM. That clarifies things.

You've posted a picture of Hammill stamping on Hutch. I understand the red card now.

Maybe you'd like to look at Sam's feet and the likely position of his studs.

The laws of the game don't even state that you have to make contact with the opposition player, they simple state that should two feet go into a tackle in a manner that may be excessive or may damage your opponent is deemed a straight red card. Whilst the player initially went in with one foot and shown by top, he quickly throws the second foot into the tackle which then meets the criteria of a red card.

Like I said he probably saw Hammil coming and knew that a naughty one was coming in hence the second foot coming out, but never the less thenergy are the rules of the game whether Hutchinson or any player for that matter.

---------- Post added 14-12-2016 at 00:56 ----------

Slowed momentum? Slight deflections? What highlights are you watching? :hihi:

---------- Post added 14-12-2016 at 00:58 ----------

I've watched it back three or four times and I can't see a foul. Neither player should have walked or even been booked.

By the old rules of the game then all you see is a full blooded challenge and I would agree despite a bit of naughtiness.... however by the new rules introduced and enforced in 2012, you have four feet in a challenge. One of which is going for a cheeky stamp and the other "retaliating".

I am all for sensible refereeing and by this I mean they should accept that the game is a contact sport at the end of the day. They blow for the most slightest of things and it takes a great deal of the flow out of games however two footed challenges need to continue to be enforced strictly as should the player on the receiving end of the challenge have his studs firmly in the ground, you aren't talking a few weeks out of the game....You are talking career ending.

Edited by green_man

After all the spouting, this result should keep the Dingles quiet for a while.

Wasn't particularly impressive from Wednesday, we still seem unbalanced, Reach was our best player for me, get him out wide, he's wasted at full back.

We'll take the points though, and Barnsley were hardly Brazil

Again only one stat matters 2-0.

3 points, back in play offs, job done.

Exactly, we had luck with deflections, we scored they didn't, that's what counts, onwards and upwards

Greeny can argue the toss all he likes, the Barnsley player was sent off not hutch, again that's what counts.