Clothes alterations...where can I get them done?

Im quite petite, and have problems buying trousers that are the right length, there are plenty of cheap trs about, but always too long.

Does anyone know a cheap place around town/eccy road that does alterations?

I know i could do them myself, but sewing is def not my strong point!!!

Thanks in advance xx

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just rang quickstitch, and i think there name should be expensive stitch!!!!! The prices starts at £10.99! The trousers themselves would barely cost that!!!!

ooops... Sorry about that. My sister uses them all the time. She must be prepared to pay more than I thought. I'm surprised cos she's a student. Aren't they all supposed to be poor? :suspect:

Have you thought about cheating and using that iron-on tape stuff. It looks great if you do it properly and it's not that difficult to work out. I've even done it so it can't be too complicated!

• 5 months later...
Sorry, prdnsf - I don't know anywhere in the vicinity you mentioned, but if you're ever up around Hillsborough, "Stitch-It" on Holme lane are very good and reasonably priced.

where on holme lane is that?

do you know what sort of prices they charge?

can anybody else recommend anywhere else in the hillsborough or town area for alterations?

cheers,

x