Clothes alterations...where can I get them done?

Amie B, 178-188 Broadfield Road , Sheffield, S8 0XL 0114 2509190

Cannot recommend her highly enough - absolutely brilliant. She altered my bridesmaid dresses with a week to spare before the wedding. She did a fantastic job and was lovely to talk to.

I went to Amie in an emergency as I was completely messed around and let down by Ish alterations at Woodseats. I turned up for an appointment with my 2 bridesmaids and their dresses(an appointment that had been booked in for a month) to be told that the woman who did the alterations was on holiday. When I asked if anyone else could help, I was told no. The woman who I dealt with was the rudest, ignorant and most inconsiderate person I have ever met. I asked if she would be able to do something as the wedding was only a few weeks off and she said no as she needed her lunch. I then got upset and asked how this had happened and basically no-one had checked their appointment diary to see what dresses were due in. When I said that I was unhappy with their service and attitude, I was told 'tough'.

It turns out, I'm not the only person that has happened to. From talking to other people in the area, quite a few brides and bridesmaids have been let down by Ish

Hi

not too far from Eccy Rd up in Crookes is a really great cheap place.

It's basically a shop that sells children's clothes, but do repairs etc.

Cost 50p to sew split trousers, same job in that shop on corner in Broomhill cost £7.50!

Don't know the name unfortunately but its' near to the RSPCA shop on yer right hand side before you get to the Indian on the corner

jofo

Why don't you ask on here matey? In jobs section. Am sure there are some handy seamstresses on here.

I think fox20thc is a sewing lady (nearly put sewer!) I can sew (yes, just another one of my myriad talents), but I got 4 kids and no time... pffffft!

Amie B, 178-188 Broadfield Road , Sheffield, S8 0XL 0114 2509190

Cannot recommend her highly enough - absolutely brilliant. She altered my bridesmaid dresses with a week to spare before the wedding. She did a fantastic job and was lovely to talk to.

I went to Amie in an emergency as I was completely messed around and let down by Ish alterations at Woodseats. I turned up for an appointment with my 2 bridesmaids and their dresses(an appointment that had been booked in for a month) to be told that the woman who did the alterations was on holiday. When I asked if anyone else could help, I was told no. The woman who I dealt with was the rudest, ignorant and most inconsiderate person I have ever met. I asked if she would be able to do something as the wedding was only a few weeks off and she said no as she needed her lunch. I then got upset and asked how this had happened and basically no-one had checked their appointment diary to see what dresses were due in. When I said that I was unhappy with their service and attitude, I was told 'tough'.

It turns out, I'm not the only person that has happened to. From talking to other people in the area, quite a few brides and bridesmaids have been let down by Ish

They're expensive too ! £10 to shorten a pair of jeans !

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I would always recommend cotton ends in Hillsbrough.

Have been to Stitch it before but they were definately mroe expensive, and my friend had a bit of a bad expereince there with some very oddly taken in trousers.

Johnsons Dry cleaners in town do alterations though you need to call to check when the lady is in. Not the cheapest but found her to be good.