Clothes alterations...where can I get them done?

Amie B, 178-188 Broadfield Road , Sheffield, S8 0XL 0114 2509190

Cannot recommend her highly enough - absolutely brilliant. She altered my bridesmaid dresses with a week to spare before the wedding. She did a fantastic job and was lovely to talk to.

Amie B is now at 21a Meadow Terrace, just off Sharrow Vale Road and just behind the Porter Cottage pub. I just dropped off some stuff for alteration, what a nice woman.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 years later...
22 hours ago, Little Frank said:

Please can anyone give me an up to date recommendation for a place that does inexpensive clothing alterations in/near Hillsborough? It's just to shorten some jogging bottoms, so I'm hoping not to pay more for the alterations than I paid for the clothes themselves.

Don't know any in Hillsborough area but if you're in town, then there a place that does alterations at reasonable prices in Chapel Walk, just at the corner to the back entrance of Marks & Spencers. 

Edited by Baron99

On 09/05/2006 at 18:52, pdrnsf said:

Im quite petite, and have problems buying trousers that are the right length, there are plenty of cheap trs about, but always too long.

Does anyone know a cheap place around town/eccy road that does alterations?

I know i could do them myself, but sewing is def not my strong point!!!

Thanks in advance xx

Eccy Road, the City Centre and ‘cheap’ don’t go well with each other.

In the old days we were poor but there was always somebody in the family who had a sewing machine.

Life can't be too hard these days if you have to hire somebody.

Lots of opportunities for immigrants, still.

To the poster in Canada, I took in a pair of quality pants for hemming (Toronto) and the nice Indian lady charged me $27 for each! So your 5 quid is a real bargain!

On 14/10/2022 at 10:40, Baron99 said:

Don't know any in Hillsborough area but if you're in town, then there a place that does alterations at reasonable prices in Chapel Walk, just at the corner to the back entrance of Marks & Spencers. 

Dont think they are reasonable I called in for the price of a new zip in casual jacket and was quoted "£30-£35, jacket only cost £45 new.offer declined