Sheffield Wednesday v Rotherham 17/12/16

top4718

What an appaling performance .... from Rotherham.

They were appaling, dirty, timewasting and unimaginative. Add an ego-centric ref to the mix and you get a pretty uninspiring game.

They got what they deserved in the end, sawn off by a soft penalty in injury time. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

A bit harsh that mate. It's not Rotherham's job to entertain, it's Wednesday's to break them down which we failed to do although why they were time wasting with that league position I'll never know

I shouted penalty with the rest of them but it was more in hope than expectation. A terrible ref but this time it worked in our favour.

We'll be ok next week because our number one mercenary will be up for it as he puts on a show for what might come his way in January.

What an appaling performance .... from Rotherham.

They were appaling, dirty, timewasting and unimaginative. Add an ego-centric ref to the mix and you get a pretty uninspiring game.

They got what they deserved in the end, sawn off by a soft penalty in injury time. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Well I just watched the complete 90 minutes on thew internet and whilst I will probably agree with the bold, that is about it.

Rotherham had a game plan similar to what we see when most teams come to Bramall Lane.....This was simply not to win the game, but to try not lose.

I don't think Rotherham were particularly heavy handed and I don't think they had the referee in their pocket, nor do I think the referee was overly as bad as you make out. If anything he handled most stuff fairly because you lot were guilty of a couple of niggly fouls as well.

As said above, Fozzi is back for you lot.....And it couldn't come any sooner because for all the huffing and puffing yesterday, you failed completely to cut Rotherham open.

Well I just watched the complete 90 minutes on thew internet and whilst I will probably agree with the bold, that is about it.

Rotherham had a game plan similar to what we see when most teams come to Bramall Lane.....This was simply not to win the game, but to try not lose.

I don't think Rotherham were particularly heavy handed and I don't think they had the referee in their pocket, nor do I think the referee was overly as bad as you make out. If anything he handled most stuff fairly because you lot were guilty of a couple of niggly fouls as well.

As said above, Fozzi is back for you lot.....And it couldn't come any sooner because for all the huffing and puffing yesterday, you failed completely to cut Rotherham open.

What was your take on Abdi's free kick in the first half?

What was your take on Abdi's free kick in the first half?

I think it's hard to say really because it started as a fair 50/50 challenge but then obviously when Abdi is on the deck he takes a volley to his shoulder. The camera angle is from behind the incident and Abdi being on the floor kind of blocks the viewing angle so it is hard to say whether there was any intent there or not......Again as it is from behind you can't even see whether the player looks up to see where Abdi is before kicking out.

As I couldn't see anything wrong in it from the camera angle....And based by the fact that none of the fans in the immediate rows right next to the incident jump up in anger or even wave arms in protest, I would be more inclined to say that it was a challenge and then accidental contact afterwards which unfortunately led to Abdi getting injured.

I think it's hard to say really because it started as a fair 50/50 challenge but then obviously when Abdi is on the deck he takes a volley to his shoulder. The camera angle is from behind the incident and Abdi being on the floor kind of blocks the viewing angle so it is hard to say whether there was any intent there or not......Again as it is from behind you can't even see whether the player looks up to see where Abdi is before kicking out.

As I couldn't see anything wrong in it from the camera angle....And based by the fact that none of the fans in the immediate rows right next to the incident jump up in anger or even wave arms in protest, I would be more inclined to say that it was a challenge and then accidental contact afterwards which unfortunately led to Abdi getting injured.

No one fouled Abdi he fell while trying to keep the ball from going out and he must have injured him self again , this once again brings up why have we so many injury prone players .

Edited by nikki-red
quote tags

No one fouled Abdi he fell while trying to keep the ball from going out and he must have injured him self again , this once again brings up why have we so many injury prone players .

I don't know...I think there may be some contact there? It isn't as fresh in my head but the circumstances lead me to believe that he was on the receiving end of a bit of boot, I just don't believe it to be intentional from what I saw from my angle.

I think it would be a bit harsh to blame Abdi.

Edited by nikki-red
quote tags