Fitzalan Square

All i see down there is alcoholics drinking at 9am. Litter from alcoholic drinks, Occasional smell of weed is not the issue, The issue is mainly alcohol related, fighting,begging,violence(usually among themselves). Much the same lot who move up to west street then they are even more ****** than down town,they barely afford a drink, let alone a smoke. Bud aint cheap you know ! And west street tesco dont sell drugs as far as iam aware....apart from alcohol.

Ironically ,it was a way nicer area when the pubs were there. You drank inside not outside. Now it is 3 betting shops and a couple of money lender/cheque cashers. What I said about smoking weed becoming legal, funny enough you are not allowed to drink outside unless a bar has a patio or on a private lawn etc, at least in Ontario. All the drinkers would be arrested and the smokers left alone if Fitzalan Square was in Ontario next year lol

Edited by TORONTONY

Is it possible that too few police exist to deal with the degenerates who sit smoking cannabis and threatening passersby all day. Always been a seedy hole there but now it resembles some horrible place full of unsavoury characters. Violence is very common.

Not only is it possible it is fact.

When I brought my wife over to Sheffield for a visit in July, I wanted to show off the statue there in the square, fortunately there didn't seem to be anyone sitting there on at that time, not sure if we were just there at the right time or what, definitely not the most attractive area of the city centre by any means though

When I brought my wife over to Sheffield for a visit in July, I wanted to show off the statue there in the square, fortunately there didn't seem to be anyone sitting there on at that time, not sure if we were just there at the right time or what, definitely not the most attractive area of the city centre by any means though

I often sit in the square in summer love it.

And I have never had any trouble from the lads who congregate there .

The square is a victim of the Council decision to abandon the whole area in its quest to move the City to the Moor area.

I often sit in the square in summer love it.

And I have never had any trouble from the lads who congregate there .

The square is a victim of the Council decision to abandon the whole area in its quest to move the City to the Moor area.

It was definitely quiet when we were there, it's sad to see everything shifted to The Moor, can't work out why they think that's a good idea