Drug companies are deciding who shall live and who shall die.

Drug companies are ripping of our own national health service on a daily basis.

Activas uk now charge £88 per 10 mg of Hydrocortisone tablets

In 2008 the same drug cost just 70 PENCE so a 12000 % price rise .

This is a life saving drug for some folk and the N.H.S has no choice but to pay the price demanded by this drug company ,in other words they and us are being black mailed .

Thousands of of other drug products are marketed at these obscene price hikes and some of them are not obtainable on the N.H.S due to the cost .

One cancer drug that can prolong life for up to two years is only available to the very rich among us in other words if you can pay live on and as to the rest :mad:.

Even in a worse situation are the third World countries who unlike us do not have the wonderful N.H.S to fall back on meaning the citizens of those poor countries just have to lay down and die while the drug companies in Switzerland, Germany, UK and America go on making billions out of the misery that these people endure.

This is why there is a watchdog.

Pfizer was fined £84m a few weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38233852

Without the drug companies investing millions in research and development then there would be no new drugs to be deprived of. If they dont make money then they dont develop.

And the I newspaper.

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 19:06 ----------

Samssong did you read the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you signed up for the forum?

Ok here are the facts .

Drug companies are denying poor people throughout the World access to life saving drugs by pricing them out of the Market,

As to confirmation of my post see the Guardian and I newspapers of the last week although I do not think that they have representatives on this forum:mad:

Actually did you read the article. They are merely reporting a case brought about by the CMA, so they are repeating what the CMA said rather than the paper. No reason to doubt its true. You ahve any evidence otherwise of misreporting?

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 19:13 ----------

Drug companies are denying poor people throughout the World access to life saving drugs by pricing them out of the Market,

As to confirmation of my post see the Guardian and I newspapers of the last week although I do not think that they have representatives on this forum:mad:

You mean drugs are expensive to develop and cost money, so they dont give them away fro free or they would go bust? How do you think they pay for developing the drugs in the first place?

Like Apple are denying people Iphones becayse they dont cost 50p?

Samssong did you read the terms and conditions which you agreed to when you signed up for the forum?

The facts are that drug companies are denying poor people throughout the World access to life saving drugs due to pricing those people out of the market, that also applies in this country.

As to my info see last weeks newspapers who reported on the subject.

I do not think that those reporters are on Sheffield forum though.

The facts are that drug companies are denying poor people throughout the World access to life saving drugs due to pricing those people out of the market, that also applies in this country.

As to my info see last weeks newspapers who reported on the subject.

I do not think that those reporters are on Sheffield forum though.

It was on Facebook, it must be true!!

Drug companies are ripping of our own national health service on a daily basis.

Activas uk now charge £88 per 10 mg of Hydrocortisone tablets

In 2008 the same drug cost just 70 PENCE so a 12000 % price rise .

This is a life saving drug for some folk and the N.H.S has no choice but to pay the price demanded by this drug company ,in other words they and us are being black mailed .

Thousands of of other drug products are marketed at these obscene price hikes and some of them are not obtainable on the N.H.S due to the cost .

One cancer drug that can prolong life for up to two years is only available to the very rich among us in other words if you can pay live on and as to the rest :mad:.

Even in a worse situation are the third World countries who unlike us do not have the wonderful N.H.S to fall back on meaning the citizens of those poor countries just have to lay down and die while the drug companies in Switzerland, Germany, UK and America go on making billions out of the misery that these people endure.

Firstly, can you get the name of the company correct please? It's Actavis, not Activas.

Secondly, Actavis is one of a huge number of generic drug manufacturers and the NHS has the right to buy from any of them. If one company charges more than another then the NHS is perfectly capable of changing their supplier. If they don't then that says more about the NHS than it does about any pharmaceutical company.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it's right to over charge anybody, but it's not like Actavis are the only company from which the NHS could purchase.

There are lots of instances when price rises are completely valid, such as those where there is a change in the regulatory process for one of the ingredients which can mean that the ingredients increase in cost by many multiples overnight or if something happens like a production plant being wiped out by a natural disaster. However, in this case it would appear that there is no real reason like this as the fine shows.

As someone who officially works for Actavis (Actavis bought the company which bought the company for whom I worked before my ill health stopped me working) I am really not happy to be associated with a company that appears to have hiked the prices for no reason other than profit.

Firstly, can you get the name of the company correct please? It's Actavis, not Activas.

Secondly, Actavis is one of a huge number of generic drug manufacturers and the NHS has the right to buy from any of them. If one company charges more than another then the NHS is perfectly capable of changing their supplier. If they don't then that says more about the NHS than it does about any pharmaceutical company.

Of course, that doesn't mean that it's right to over charge anybody, but it's not like Actavis are the only company from which the NHS could purchase.

There are lots of instances when price rises are completely valid, such as those where there is a change in the regulatory process for one of the ingredients which can mean that the ingredients increase in cost by many multiples overnight or if something happens like a production plant being wiped out by a natural disaster. However, in this case it would appear that there is no real reason like this as the fine shows.

As someone who officially works for Actavis (Actavis bought the company which bought the company for whom I worked before my ill health stopped me working) I am really not happy to be associated with a company that appears to have hiked the prices for no reason other than profit.

Sorry about getting the name wrong :help:

NHS couldnt buy from an alternative generic manufacturer because there wasnt one for the drug concerned.