Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

top4718

Newcastle are by far the best team in the division and it will be tough.

Still beats playing Oldham in the pub league though.

It must be cold down in our shadow.

Yes mate it is terrible being a blade this season, I hate it haha......I don'tknow if I can cope with being 2nd at xmas!!!.....And unbeaten runs, and leagues top goalscorer and all that lot...It's terrible haha.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 15:53 ----------

A game isn't played over the course of a season it's played for 90 minutes at a particular point. Who's to say they won't have another wobble? Concede a flukey own goal, have 2 players sent off?

There is no question they are head and shoulders above every team in our division, and probably at least a third of the prem. Doesn't mean they'll win every game. They've lost 5 this season already, and 3 of those at home - 2 to pretty poor sides who we've beaten already. In fact of their 5 defeats, we've beaten 4 of those teams and drew with the other. So it won't be as cut and dried as you think.

For the record I fancy us to get something as think we will up our game significantly. We have to. We've been very poor for a lot of this season for me.

I may be wrong. But even after Saturday's horror show I'm going up there with some confidence and looking forward to it.

You are equally as much entitled to your opinion as I am mine.....

You are equally as much entitled to your opinion as I am mine.....

That is correct

However, as someone who has seen Wednesday play in all but 3 of our games this season, I feel my opinion is more valid than a United fan who has seen us play a few times.

Doesn't mean I'll be right. But we're not talking Chelsea v Accrington Stanley here. Many variables determine the result and the championship has shown anyone can beat anyone.

Nothing wrong with you thinking we'll get walloped. But to say no competition in the slightest is just plain wrong. We may dip, we may get hammered. But it's 3 points/1 game. We'll move on to the next one.

That is correct

However, as someone who has seen Wednesday play in all but 3 of our games this season, I feel my opinion is more valid than a United fan who has seen us play a few times.

Doesn't mean I'll be right. But we're not talking Chelsea v Accrington Stanley here. Many variables determine the result and the championship has shown anyone can beat anyone.

Nothing wrong with you thinking we'll get walloped. But to say no competition in the slightest is just plain wrong. We may dip, we may get hammered. But it's 3 points/1 game. We'll move on to the next one.

A few times? I've seen Wednesday play in quite a few games this season actually.....thankfully being paid for the torture haha.

A few times? I've seen Wednesday play in quite a few games this season actually.....thankfully being paid for the torture haha.

Your comment....

Seen Newcastle play several times this season..........

Sen Wednesday play a few times this season.............

Fair play being paid for the 'privilege'. Must be honest I couldn't do that with your lot (not a dig there, just couldn't do it, even if paid!)

Your comment....

Fair play being paid for the 'privilege'. Must be honest I couldn't do that with your lot (not a dig there, just couldn't do it, even if paid!)

Should have read a good few times but missed that off....As for couldn't do it, the money is good mate for a few hours work and regardless of who it is, I am getting paid to watch football.

Should have read a good few times but missed that off....As for couldn't do it, the money is good mate for a few hours work and regardless of who it is, I am getting paid to watch football.

Oh I could do it for any other team! Fair do's though, can't complain at that

You can't compare being at a match on a few occasions doing your job with a fan watching avidly from the stands, I wouldn't judge uniteds season on the few times i've seen them on tv. As for being joint second and the other boasts if you stuck the current Chelsea side in L1 they'd be top in everything but it doesn't make it a spectacle when the opposition is so poor.

One thing you will get on Boxing day is a great competitive game that could go either way.