Ignoring Health and Safety, the consequences.

Just read this article about a roofer, while what he did was stupid, the punishment seems disproportionate to the offence. He was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended for 18 months, and fined £1,400.

He must also pay costs of £2,939.18 and a victim surcharge of £85.

When you consider some of the reports you see about what criminals are sentenced to isn't this over the top?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/roofers-breathtaking-act-stupidity-earns-9488483

Just read this article about a roofer, while what he did was stupid, the punishment seems disproportionate to the offence. He was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended for 18 months, and fined £1,400.

He must also pay costs of £2,939.18 and a victim surcharge of £85.

When you consider some of the reports you see about what criminals are sentenced to isn't this over the top?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/roofers-breathtaking-act-stupidity-earns-9488483

I must confess I don`t really understand that. It`s not like he`s an employer asking his employees to work in an unsafe manner, which I thought was the primary focus of H&S legislation. How far do you go with this ? If he, or anyone else, was working on their own house would they get the H&S executive threatening them with prosecution ? ! ?

Just out of interest, who is the victim surcharge for ? Who is the victim ?

Fall from that height and you will kill yourself, and anyone who happens to be underneath you at the time.

Health and safety is everyones responsibility, not just management. You do something dangerous then you are liable as well. Its to stop people from killing themselves, and I'm sure there is a whiff of pour encourager les autres in this to dissuade anyone else from being daft.

Guest makapaka
Fall from that height and you will kill yourself, and anyone who happens to be underneath you at the time.

Health and safety is everyones responsibility, not just management. You do something dangerous then you are liable as well. Its to stop people from killing themselves, and I'm sure there is a whiff of pour encourager les autres in this to dissuade anyone else from being daft.

Here here.

Health and safety has gone way to far. you now see council workers using a scaffold tower to do a job only 6ft off the ground when a ladder would suffice , You see SKY Tv installers wearing more climbing gear than you would use to climb mount everest to install a dish 6ft off the ground.

Its pathetic , a complete joke.

Health and safety has gone way to far. you now see council workers using a scaffold tower to do a job only 6ft off the ground when a ladder would suffice , You see SKY Tv installers wearing more climbing gear than you would use to climb mount everest to install a dish 6ft off the ground.

Its pathetic , a complete joke.

A fall from 6ft can easily kill a person