Ignoring Health and Safety, the consequences.

I remember having a very heated argument with a manager of a company who said it was him alone who was responsible for H&S till I pointed out it was everyone's duty. The reason was that just after having a H&S briefing I nicked a door wedge that was being used for propping open a fire door. He actually accused me of theft and was not very happy when I returned it with the words "Don't use on fire doors" painted on it.

Health and safety has gone way to far. you now see council workers using a scaffold tower to do a job only 6ft off the ground when a ladder would suffice , You see SKY Tv installers wearing more climbing gear than you would use to climb mount everest to install a dish 6ft off the ground.

Its pathetic , a complete joke.

It certainly is, fancy having a dish 6ft off the ground, somebody could easily bash their head on it

Good job not everyone sees it that way or nothing would get done in this country.

Next you will be saying window cleaners should erect scaffolding .:roll:

And yet all sorts of engineering and construction projects get completed on time, on budget, without serious incident, because somebody is stopping people doing stupid things. The most stupid thing is they are doing those stupid things not to any real benefit to themselves.

Perhaps we should just crack on, and if it costs a person's life to save a few quid or a few minutes, it's a price worth paying.

Are we seriously comparing a window cleaner up a ladder, with a bloke walking around on scaffold tubes at height?

And yet all sorts of engineering and construction projects get completed on time, on budget, without serious incident, because somebody is stopping people doing stupid things. The most stupid thing is they are doing those stupid things not to any real benefit to themselves.

Perhaps we should just crack on, and if it costs a person's life to save a few quid or a few minutes, it's a price worth paying.

Are we seriously comparing a window cleaner up a ladder, with a bloke walking around on scaffold tubes at height?

Things get completed on time because longer times are planned,Britain has one of the worst productivity in the EU,health and safety is just down to common sense.

Good job not everyone sees it that way or nothing would get done in this country.

Next you will be saying window cleaners should erect scaffolding .:roll:

No they use waterpole systems. Which has reduced the numbers of windowcleaners being injured by falls by a very large percentage.