Can I apply as honorary Sheffielder?

All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and Bob's yer Auntie.

Here goes:

If you are successful with this application, which name do you wish to be known by? (choose only one)

'Nah Then Thee', 'Oi.... thee', 'Luv', 'Squire', 'Ey up', 'Pal', 'Mucker', 'Lass',or 'Dearie'.

Citizenship Questions:

1. Which weighs more, a five pound note or a pint of Wards?

2. Where is Sheffield Steel made?

3. What colour are the red stripes on United's shirts?

4. How do you spell HENDERSON'S?

5. The River Don flows 'up hill' or 'down hill'? (choose only one)

That is it. If you got all 5 right you're in. Welcome to Sheffield.

Lea & Perrins

45 years but not all my life.(and not even somewhere else in Yorkshire either!!)

I love this place,the greenery ,the hills, the honesty and all the other things already mentioned but (horror of horrors) not only do I not like HR but I Don't like liquorice either!!

You can have my badge Bob I am Sheffield born and bred and sick of the place espcially the Council who pulling buildings down and even turning the central library to turn into a hotel

What buildings are they knocking down? The library into a hotel idea is a good one, only being held back by the naysayers that this city is so full of.

I have lived in Sheffield for nearly 30 years, having lived in larger cities in the UK before that. I was instantly attracted to the 'small-town' feel of the place. Even back then, the pubs were better than elsewhere!

The pace of change is slower here than elsewhere, which is only a minor negative for me. I have seen some substantial changes (the ring road, trams, Thai restaurants...). They get here but just at a glacial speed. Which is all good when you want to settle down somewhere long-term; when all the hipster beer bars have been swept away by the next big thing, the pubs will still be here.

Still not keen on Hendo's though, so no citizenship for me...

"Hipster beer bars " where are they then , and what's a "hipster" ?