Can I charge people to park bits of paper on my car?

You know like companies charge you to park your car on their land. Well, using exactly the same principles, can you change people to park bits of paper (for example, parking charges) on your car?

You can sue them for time and expenses if you defend the claim, but essentially you are on land you shouldnt be and in breach of contract. If your vehicle wasnt there in the first place then there would be no reason to give you a notice.

Yep, that's the general idea....

Is there anything legally special about land, vs, property in general, that allows you to charge for its use (or breaching T&C's)?

If you can charge for people using your land, why can't you charge for people using your property? Or can you?

Land is a form of property, so is my car, it seems like the same principle...

Also, re: not having to identify the driver, can parking companies fine (or invoice) the registered keeper?

The supreme court recently decided that parking charges were/are a legitimate business. I have a feeling you would have to take this one all the way to the supreme court to find out if you could levy a charge on someone or a company for using your windscreen to deposit their notice of a parking charge. You might have a case for trespass if you could prove damage was done, say to your windscreen wipers, as they were brand new and you had the receipt for fitting by a professional.

The OP is an idiot. I can't think of any other way to describe this discussion.

Your opinion is of great value:|

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 04:41 ----------

Gonna be rolling in at this rate! ;)

Only jokin, will let you both of with a warning this time! (consider it an early Christmas present)

Thank you!:)