Best car for the environment?

Thinking about diesel cars, the ones that use adblue will be the cleanest?

I believe its been mandatory in cars for a couple of years, are there any cars that have been using adblue for many years?

The cleanest ones are the ones that have particulate filters in the exhaust, not all of them need to use Adblue.

On a budget, a small petrol engine, the newer the better in good order not revved to death at every opportunity. Really new ones are tiny with a turbo bolted so you get reasonable performance.
My wife and I recently bought a little Kia Rio, with a 1.5 litre engine, our first small car in a long time. We are thorughly enjoying it. We get about 35 miles per US gallon,and it rides there with the big guys up hill and down dale wiithout panting for air. We don't have a lot of trunk space, but nobody rides in the back seats, and everything goes back there. The only trouble with electric cars is distance. We don't go down to Florida every month, but its nice to be able to.

The cleanest ones are the ones that have particulate filters in the exhaust, not all of them need to use Adblue.

The Diesel Particulate Filter is in the exhaust system of all diesel-powered cars sold new since 2009.

In stop/start traffic, or on short journeys, a regeneration may not get time to complete. This will cause the DPF to block partially and an orange light (left) will come on in the instrument cluster. Ignore the light and continue driving slowly or in traffic and eventually the engine will lose power and stop. This will prompt a trip to the garage and things will get expensive. And I mean really expensive: if the car needs a new DPF, we’re talking more than £1000.

Before you buy a car, consider the kind of mileage you do. If most of your miles involve short journeys or sitting in stop-start traffic where the car never really gets going, plump for petrol rather than diesel.

I dont do a lot of miles, so maybe a petrol car is better for me.