Who would be your advisors?

"Donald Trump has appointed former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway as counsellor to the president, one of his chief advisory positions."

If you were elected as PM or President, who would be your advisors? Because non of us know it all.

I will start off with George Monbiot and Daniel Hannan.

I would take the highly unusual route of appointing people that are actually qualified for the role. Health advisor? Some who has worked in the profession, on a front line role (nurse, doctor etc) for 30 years. Business secretary? A successful business person, or the top rated business professor from a red brick uni. I would go on like this

I would take the highly unusual route of appointing people that are actually qualified for the role. Health advisor? Some who has worked in the profession, on a front line role (nurse, doctor etc) for 30 years. Business secretary? A successful business person, or the top rated business professor from a red brick uni. I would go on like this

I agree. I want people round me with more knowledge than I've got on certain subjects.

But having said all that, advisors don't carry the can if something goes wrong, I do (if I'm POTUS - which I'm not;)). So he or she needs a sounding board who can say without fear of sacking "I think you're wrong". I think in years gone by it's the First Lady who could fulfill that role - I don't doubt Michelle Obama does it with her other half. I don't think trump trusts his wife (arguably any woman at all) and he'd want someone to agree with him rather than talk him down. A bit like corbyn really.

I see your point, but you would want someone with a wide range of experience.

I'd want people who speak their mind and have initiative. Not quite sure who else Trump is talking to but I've heard Elon Musk (Tesla/SpaceX/Paypal) bandied around and he would be on my wishlist as well. I'd also have a chat with Carolyn McCall, the Easyjet CEO who has successfully got rid of the Cheap and Cheerful (but pretty rubbish) label attached to Easyjet and passed it on to Ryanair.

I'd want people who speak their mind and have initiative. Not quite sure who else Trump is talking to but I've heard Elon Musk (Tesla/SpaceX/Paypal) bandied around and he would be on my wishlist as well. I'd also have a chat with Carolyn McCall, the Easyjet CEO who has successfully got rid of the Cheap and Cheerful (but pretty rubbish) label attached to Easyjet and passed it on to Ryanair.

Easyjet isn't cheap and cheerful (and pretty rubbish) anymore?

Easyjet isn't cheap and cheerful (and pretty rubbish) anymore?

It steered away from the image of being a price-fighter only and is instead focussing on reliability and service. I've flown them last year and it was a stark contrast with 10 years ago when I last tried them. They are still cheap and cheerful, but the rubbish aspect is beginning to fade. I would use them again.