People are offended at everything?

Apart from the wonderful Anna Karen as Olive and Stephen Lewis as Blakey, I always thought that the funniest thing about On The Buses was that Stan and Jack attracted young and nubile females:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jack+on+the+buses&biw=1366&bih=651&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwig1o6u15HRAhUkIsAKHQYDBYEQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=41iYBCZOYz4_LM%3A

Really???

Although like Steptoe and Son, it was very funny.

Yes,Stan must have been at least 50 and Jacks teeth could have made a few pianos,was thinking of Paul Whitehouse when I saw him.

Just watched on the buses,they wouldn't have been able to make it today.

Funny you should say that . I found an old episode of love Thy Neighbour online the other day and sat and watched it . Its was still hilarious , even though ive seen that episode many times before . Can you imagine the PC obsessed lefties reaction to that these days.

Funny you should say that . I found an old episode of love Thy Neighbour online the other day and sat and watched it . Its was still hilarious , even though ive seen that episode many times before . Can you imagine the PC obsessed lefties reaction to that these days.

I've only seen a couple of episodes when I was younger, and even then it wasn't the non PC content that bothered me; just the fact that it was crudely written and just not funny.

But each to their own.

Well my street wouldnt do it but i do find it slighty amazing though.

So as long as its not on your street its OK then, right?

I will ask the earlier poster's question again. If someone on your street DID draw a ejaculating penis in lights in full view of the street would you not complain? Do you think that is an acceptable thing to have displaying in a public environment?

Where is the line, perhaps some female breasts? A mimicked sex act? Some swear words made out of fairy lights? A decapitated santa?

Its sod all to do with being "offended". Its about being respectful to your fellow neighbours and the environment which you are living in.

The moron subject of the video deserved his police visit.

Just watched on the buses,they wouldn't have been able to make it today.

Episodes are regularly shown on terrestrial TV so it's obviously not banned. It's true they wouldn't be able to make it today but that's because there wouldn't be enough interest in it to make it commercially viable. They don't make new episodes of Muffin the Mule for the same reason.

but lack of respect is not illegal.

It could be.

Display of offensive or abusive writing likely to or intended to cause harassment or distress can lead to a visit from the plods.

Doesn't matter if it's on a T-shirt, a poster or up in fairy lights on your house. If you are doing it to provoke people you can get done for it.

Public Order Act 1986. Look it up.

The program was funny, because the character played by Rudolph Walker always had the last laugh over the character played by Jack Smethurst.

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 15:51 ----------

Makes a change, it is usually Clarkson that offends, today it is Hammond.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/grand-tour-under-fire-viewers-9520831

Unbelievable anyone could seriously be offended.