People are offended at everything?

I was being a bit facetious but my point stands.

There are so many communities that we can all say we support, why doesn't the LBGT community get exception.

Can i wear a badge saying "I support the Mormons" or "Get rid of the monarchy"

Just keep all that stuff out of the work place.

you can wear any badge you want, its just this actual case is about a single issue....gay pride

you can wear any badge you want, its just this actual case is about a single issue....gay pride

Really? An "I heart hitler" badge? An IS flag formed into a lovely lapel pin? How about a nice big gold crucifix? I'm not sure how the national trust would feel about any of them. But, they were quite happy to pass down a non-negoiable gay pride badge? Odd.

The other thing is that we seem to be going backwards.

I have always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community but isnt that battle won now. They have just as many rights as every else.

Isnt it time to just enjoy being an equal part of society.

But we can already see that some elements want special treatment like 14 different types of toilets or gender neutral passports.

I was being a bit facetious but my point stands.

There are so many communities that we can all say we support, why does the LBGT community get exception.

Can i wear a badge saying "I support the Mormons" or "Get rid of the monarchy"

Just keep all that stuff out of the work place.

So, you haven't read the story then?

"As part of the National Trust's Prejudice and Pride campaign, and in conjunction with research done by the University of Leicester, a new film revealed Mr Wyndham Ketton-Cremer's sexuality, which was known by close friends.

The campaign is being run to mark 50 years since homosexuality was decriminalised in 1967, two years before Mr Wyndham Ketton-Cremer's death."

The volunteers work at Felbrigg. Ketton-Cremer lived there. So now maybe you can see why they were told to wear them?

Personally I'm not a fan of forcing people to wear anything but the irony that you are complaining about lack of equality when that badge is symbolic and being worn to mark 50 years since gay people in the UK got some semblance of equality is so immense that I have to question your powers of critical thinking.

Edited by BazBug

Really? An "I heart hitler" badge? An IS flag formed into a lovely lapel pin? How about a nice big gold crucifix? I'm not sure how the national trust would feel about any of them. But, they were quite happy to pass down a non-negoiable gay pride badge? Odd.

again YOU can choose to wear any badge you want BUT THIS was a special occasion to commemorate 50 years of the decriminisation of homosexuality, so i think them deciding to wear a badge for something else would seem a little.....odd?

---------- Post added 05-08-2017 at 18:31 ----------

I have always been a huge supporter of the LGBT community but isnt that battle won now. They have just as many rights as every else.

But we can already see that some elements want special treatment like 14 different types of toilets or gender neutral passports.

are gays treated exactly the same as everybody else? is there still homophobia? is there still attacks and hatred against gays? is there still laws and regulations that prohibit gays?

the battle ISNT won, by a longshot

again YOU can choose to wear any badge you want BUT THIS was a special occasion to commemorate 50 years of the decriminisation of homosexuality, so i think them deciding to wear a badge for something else would seem a little.....odd?

I wonder Mel...are we the only two that noticed that element of the story?

---------- Post added 05-08-2017 at 18:34 ----------

Yeah. I bet some people thought Harvey Milk was a "certain element" not all that long ago.

His mate designed that flag. The one that got your panties in a twist.

---------- Post added 05-08-2017 at 18:31 ----------

are gays treated exactly the same as everybody else? is there still homophobia? is there still attacks and hatred against gays? is there still laws and regulations that prohibit gays?

the battle ISNT won, by a longshot

There will always be homophobia...just like racism or xenophobia

But in the eyes of the law gays are equal.

Pride marches used to be about protesting about the inequality in law. Thats why the rainbow flag was so significant.

That battle has been won. Gays are well represented on tv and the media. And in the jobs market.

The national trust were just forcing their narrative on people.

We get it, your left swinging and liberal. Move on

Edited by SkylinePhoto

Forcing gay men to wear badges = Nazi Germany

That's a joke right?

It is not a symbol of being gay. Joey Barton wears rainbow laces. He isn't gay.

None of the Foo Fighters are gay. Here they are v Westboro Baptist Church.

(the Foo thing is not related to the thread but I like it)