People are offended at everything?

but lack of respect is not illegal.

Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace is though, as is offending public decency.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 08:53 ----------

Hammonds comment was a JOKE . Any rational person can clearly see that . I found nothing offensive what so ever in what he said.

It wasn't even mildly amusing though, they were just bordering on casual homophobia.

I laugh/cringe at a lot of the things they say, but that one fell entirely flat. There observations are often based on a stereotype, the mexican comments from a few years ago, for example. But men both straight and gay eat ice cream, there is no stereotype about ice cream eating to make a joke from.

On behalf of all Scots I take offence at that remark.:)

Excuse me! I'm Scottish and I take offence at you taking offence on behalf of all Scots because you never asked me first if you could represent me!

Now on behalf of all offended independent Scots that told you so ner ner ner ner! :hihi:

Thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup: ........ to our Scottish members here. I hope nobody is offended by hand gestures :)

As a recent double hand amputee, bought about by the somewhat mistaken idea that I could start the Alcocopter by hand cranking the rotors, I'm offended by that thoughtless remark. (before anyone asks, I'm typing this via brain electrodes).

As a recent double hand amputee, bought about by the somewhat mistaken idea that I could start the Alcocopter by hand cranking the rotors, I'm offended by that thoughtless remark. (before anyone asks, I'm typing this via brain electrodes).

Because lets face it using your nose would be far too mundane for you. How do you get the electrodes to stick on though. I tried chewing gum and blutak and they don't seem permanent enough.

I don't think it was a joke as such, but part of banter exchanged between the three hosts of the program, which the audience laughed at.

I like ice cream and am going to continue to eat ice cream and am not offended if anyone thinks I am gay as a consequence.

Well I'm glad we can agree that is wasn't a joke.

I'm not sure when the term banter, which I always thought meant good natured teasing, become to mean any derogatory comment. Why is it 'banter' to insinuate that being seen to be gay is wrong? Hammond wouldn't eat ice cream because eating ice cream is apparently gay and he doesn't want to look gay. How is that banter.

I remember when Malky Mackay's racist and sexist texts were uncovered he dismissed them as only 'banter'. I won't repeat them here, but some of them were absolutely disgusting.

I can't tell you the number of times I've encountered children dismiss obvious bullying as 'it's only banter sir...'. I can assure you that for the child being called gay, or having there belongings stolen, it isn't 'only banter'.

I believe the same is true in this case. It might seem like banter to some, but a young gay person listening to that sort of talk would not see it as banter. It would reinforce the image that being gay is undesirable.

I think a distinction needs to be identified between an homosexual person who integrates into society and an homosexual person who acts in a camp way drawing attention to their sexuality.

I use the term homosexual instead of gay as I think the term gay has always caused a vision of camp comedians to be associated with it.

Maybe outlandish gay demonstrations or behaviour brought the subject into the media spotlight I think that time has passed and it is simply a case of us all living together even though we all have different views and prejudices on nearly any subject including homosexuality.

If a person is born homosexual or heterosexual that decision has been made for them and should be respected.

If someone uses this guise to gain attention they should not be put in the same category.

Edited by harvey19

Excuse me! I'm Scottish and I take offence at you taking offence on behalf of all Scots because you never asked me first if you could represent me!

Now on behalf of all offended independent Scots that told you so ner ner ner ner! :hihi:

I'm offended that you take offence at my defence of all Scots.:)