Owls Transfer Rumours For Jan 2017

top4718

I don't fully understand FFP but does the money they get from the Premier League in parachute payments count towards income?

Over time there'll end up being a two tier Championship with the haves and have nots.

From what I understand, the clubs that are relegated from the Premier don't get the 'parachute payment' the season they go down, perhaps someone can clarify that for me ? In Newcastle United's case, they spent money-most of which they already had- and income from outgoing transfers.

From what I understand, the clubs that are relegated from the Premier don't get the 'parachute payment' the season they go down, perhaps someone can clarify that for me ? In Newcastle United's case, they spent money-most of which they already had- and income from outgoing transfers.

Using Aston Villa as an example they are expected to receive £87m over 3 seasons following relegation, no wonder other teams can't compete in the transfer market.

Using Aston Villa as an example they are expected to receive £87m over 3 seasons following relegation, no wonder other teams can't compete in the transfer market.

If Newcastle United are promoted at the end of this season then what happens to their 'parachute money' ?

If Newcastle United are promoted at the end of this season then what happens to their 'parachute money' ?

I'm sure have seen if you get promoted & come down the following season you don't get any, but has for Newcastle it's a good question.!

Had another quick look Villa came up & they will the get payment for three season whilst in the Championship but if promoted within this it stops, so think that will be for all the relegated Premiership teams

Edited by owl.66

They wont get it and the money they do get will more than make up for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/02/parachute-payments-clubs-relegated-premier-league

Thanks for that 'Guardian' piece, explains to me 'somewhat' as I did not fully understand 'Parachute payments'. Am I right in that the money the club's receive, all cannot be for player recruitment ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

Well on RS it sounds like Hourihane is going to Villa after hearing Steve Bruce.

They're supposed to be making an announcement shortly Ian, to be honest after the furore over the sale of Winnall to us I'd have been surprised if they'd done similar again.

Barnsley dont want to sell to us after the Winnall saga but rumours are he wants to come to s6.....make of it what you want

Well if he wants to really come all he has to say is I will stay till summer and then go. Sounds bad that Barnsley not saying anything, like a fan said will Hourihane play tomorrow? they are not being fair to fans. Apparently Steve Bruce said the boys from Barnsley, so sounds like could be two players they are after signing.