Owls Transfer Rumours For Jan 2017

top4718

Surely there's going to be a surprise big signing today, they've spent hardly anything up to now but have been linked to massive priced players so surely a club with so much ambition and money has something up it's sleeve.

Is this posted on the correct board/thread?

It looks like a post destined for a Sheffield United site?

Surely there's going to be a surprise big signing today, they've spent hardly anything up to now but have been linked to massive priced players so surely a club with so much ambition and money has something up it's sleeve.

CC said yesterday that agents are linking their players to Wednesday in an effort to make other clubs put bids in for them and that Wednesday have to be realistic with how much they spend and work within FFP.

It all makes sense really .....don't spend beyond your means...

CC said yesterday that agents are linking their players to Wednesday in an effort to make other clubs put bids in for them and that Wednesday have to be realistic with how much they spend and work within FFP.

I said exactly the same myself last week on here.

A couple of your fans on here criticize us for allegedly spending too much, now your saying we haven't spent hardly anything :help:

The only massively priced player we've been linked to has been Rhodes and the club have played down the interest every single time, don't believe all you read.

A couple of your fans on here criticize us for allegedly spending too much, now your saying we haven't spent hardly anything :help:

The only massively priced player we've been linked to has been Rhodes and the club have played down the interest every single time, don't believe all you read.

You have spent very little and been linked to spending a lot.

Who have criticized you for spending too much?

I don't believe everything I read.;).

---------- Post added 31-01-2017 at 15:12 ----------

So what were you getting at with you're previous post..?:huh:

It's clear enough to those who think certain big buys are done deals which at least on person posted last week, I have always stated Carlos's stance on this but a few seemed to just brush over it.

Anyway let's wait until 11pm anything could happen yet after a couple have now gone off the wage bill.

I am really getting fed up with all this FFP stuff, I know I posted before on another thread about FFP but how does it work? Norwich just signed a player from Wigan £7m, Villa £10m on Hogan, plus Bree and Hourihane, Wolves have signed the guy they have had on loan and there was a £13m price being put out. There was talk of Newcastle spending a lot this window as well. They say that McCormack is interesting Forest, that's another £10m if it goes through. Are Wednesday playing the game and abiding to the rules and other clubs ignoring them?:confused:

It's clear enough to those who think certain big buys are done deals which at least on person posted last week, I have always stated Carlos's stance on this but a few seemed to just brush over it.

Anyway let's wait until 11pm anything could happen yet after a couple have now gone off the wage bill.

Maybe you should have just posted all that in the first place instead of the cryptic post ..

---------- Post added 31-01-2017 at 15:22 ----------

I am really getting fed up with all this FFP stuff, I know I posted before on another thread about FFP but how does it work? Norwich just signed a player from Wigan £7m, Villa £10m on Hogan, plus Bree and Hourihane, Wolves have signed the guy they have had on loan and there was a £13m price being put out. There was talk of Newcastle spending a lot this window as well. They say that McCormack is interesting Forest, that's another £10m if it goes through. Are Wednesday playing the game and abiding to the rules and other clubs ignoring them?:confused:

Basically you have to live within your means.....

Clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.

If we've spent very little are in the play off positions then thats very good, being linked means absolutly nothing, the club remain very quiet on their dealings, agents, fans and journo's spread the muck.