RIP George Michael

smithy266

I didn't read the comment as disrespectful.

me niether, flippent yes

on a side note just been seeing on tv about his "annonymous" charity payments that he did.

Visiting homeless centres

Gave a student nurse £5000 tip as she served him as a waitress but had debts

etc etc

he did it out of the goodness of his heart, all annonymously rather than to make him look big

Go listen to 'I can't make you love me', truly a masterpiece.

Written by Reid/Shamblin, it may have been a 'masterpiece' for Bonnie Raitt six years prior to GM's attempt, but bear in mind there were proper musicians around at the same time.

1997 was the year that Radiohead released the groundbreaking 'OK Computer' with tracks such as

, and this, as well as the Cocteau Twins in pretty much the same year releasing 'Milk and Kisses' with tracks such as
. Both groups actually writing their own lyrics and music instead of sitting on a chair singing someone else's stuff.

See the difference?

Despite what anyone thinks, I'm not putting GM down … he sold lots of records and made lots of money. People liked him.

I think his solo work was his best granted the odd Wham track was OK. George Michael was one of many who have done cover songs Madonna did it with American Pie just how the pop world works. For me his best solo songs were :

Fast love , the shallowness of one night stands was the theme.

Outside, the cheekiness of it given what happened in 1998.

Star People , about famous people who only desire is for money.

Flawless, a little masterpiece the remix was top class.

Older album, an matured crafted album targeted at the older fan.

All written by George Michael .

Apart from this being a terribly disrespectful and mean spirited comment, I don't believe that you have heard every single song George Michael ever produced before you made this ignorant post.

Nice guy but made some awful music. His collaborations were sometimes good (elton john springs to mind)

If you think my comment is disrespectful then im afraid you're probably a big fan who is missing their idol

Totally understandable by the way.