Turkey claims USA is supporting ISIS

There was an ex UK ambassador to that part of the world on radio last week.

He was saying the west had learned nothing from the conflict in Iraq.

We're getting involved in a conflict with so many different factions. Turkey and the Kurds, Saudi Arabia and Iran, Sunni and Shia, Russia and the west.

Even the rebels are made up of groups that would normally be on opposite sides and probably fighting each other.

And we've still got politicians like George Osborne who think our involvement can solve the problems that have gone on for years.

Ah boo!

What with this being the season of goodwill and everything, I thought the thread might be about a Christmas turkey doing the accusing. I was hoping that maybe it'd caught ISIS planning to blow up balloons with helium supplied by the yanks in a Christmas sale (50% off) of inert monotonic gasses.

Ah boo!

What with this being the season of goodwill and everything, I thought the thread might be about a Christmas turkey doing the accusing. I was hoping that maybe it'd caught ISIS planning to blow up balloons with helium supplied by the yanks in a Christmas sale (50% off) of inert monotonic gasses.

you on the Sherry.? :)

How anyone can be difinative on who is who and where they got that heavy machine gun on the back of any given pick up truck is beyond me.

It's not as though Toyota have twin 30mm anti aircraft cannon as an option for the Hilux though.

Investigative reporting seems to have died the death in the UK. How are people like ISIS armed and funded? We're never told. On the news we get told what is happening (or maybe part of what is happening), but never why it's happening.

It's not as though Toyota have twin 30mm anti aircraft cannon as an option for the Hilux though.

Investigative reporting seems to have died the death in the UK. How are people like ISIS armed and funded? We're never told. On the news we get told what is happening (or maybe part of what is happening), but never why it's happening.

They make their money through selling oil to all sides, taxation, kidnap, smuggling, drugs, looting, investments. Probably some of the gulf states. There have been some good articles if you investigate.

How can you trust a regime- that has imprisoned at least 41000 intellectuals, pro-human rights campaigners and journalists-is telling the truth ?

In all fairness, there are many British so-called journalists and intellectuals who need locking up too.

At least the Turkish PM doesn't dance to the Dirty Digger's tune.