Turkey claims USA is supporting ISIS

Did you want regime change so it ends up like Iraq or Libya?

The wests lies regarding Syria have been exposed, Putin went in and dealt with the terrorists who were armed by the west.

Innocent civilians got killed by both sides but as the west always says and it is accepted= collateral damage happens, sorry.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 23:38 ----------

We were funding the terrorists otherwise known as moderate rebels, wake up and smell the coffee.

Where's the proof we weren't arming moderate rebels but arming Isis? Who gains from it?

We should have left Iraq well alone, there was nothing to gained there. Libya was trundling along well before the west intervened. In hindsight we should have left that alone too. Bear in mind the next country in the Middle East that asks for help in its next civil war ain't gonna get it. Let's see how that plays out.

We were funding the terrorists otherwise known as moderate rebels, wake up and smell the coffee.

Proof that there was direct funding going on. If it was that significant they would have been shooting down planes and driving round in armoured vehichles.

Theres collateral damage and collateral damage. smart weapons and dumb weapons. Guess who was using which. To my knowlegde the west hasnt intetionally attacked Assad except the mistake on one occasion. that is because as much as they dislike Assad they are there for ISIS. If they had properly wanted Assad out they could have destroyed him before Russia ever got there. They didnt because there wasnt a cohesive enough organisation to support amd hence the policy has been one of inaction.

---------- Post added 31-12-2016 at 01:00 ----------

Where's the proof we weren't arming moderate rebels but arming Isis? Who gains from it?

We should have left Iraq well alone, there was nothing to gained there. Libya was trundling along well before the west intervened. In hindsight we should have left that alone too. Bear in mind the next country in the Middle East that asks for help in its next civil war ain't gonna get it. Let's see how that plays out.

It in hindsight though. They went into Iraq the 2nd time I think for regime change, but if hed been left there then he would still be doing the same and am sure you can remember that. Ig he hadnt miscalculated then hed still be in power. the US made an almight mess of Iraq becayse of no post war plan.

I agree I think Lbya was going to happen anyway as he was losing his grip and bonkers.

I dont believe we are arming Isis. They have some US weapons but they are from those supplied to the Iraqis who decided to run away

Proof that there was direct funding going on. If it was that significant they would have been shooting down planes and driving round in armoured vehichles.

Theres collateral damage and collateral damage. smart weapons and dumb weapons. Guess who was using which. To my knowlegde the west hasnt intetionally attacked Assad except the mistake on one occasion. that is because as much as they dislike Assad they are there for ISIS. If they had properly wanted Assad out they could have destroyed him before Russia ever got there. They didnt because there wasnt a cohesive enough organisation to support amd hence the policy has been one of inaction.

---------- Post added 31-12-2016 at 01:00 ----------

It in hindsight though. They went into Iraq the 2nd time I think for regime change, but if hed been left there then he would still be doing the same and am sure you can remember that. Ig he hadnt miscalculated then hed still be in power. the US made an almight mess of Iraq becayse of no post war plan.

I agree I think Lbya was going to happen anyway as he was losing his grip and bonkers.

I dont believe we are arming Isis. They have some US weapons but they are from those supplied to the Iraqis who decided to run away

Why do you think any post war planning would have worked. Why do you think any feudal form of government, would want to roll over to Western type, it nave to think so at best. Why is it strange that eastern governments just run different.

Moderate rebels? how do you define a moderate rebel or a terrorist? is that by whose side they were on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33997408

In the US, White House officials offered the rebels humanitarian aid and some military gear.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/01/21/arms-to-isis-u-s-generals-admit-that-washington-has-backed-al-qaeda-in-syria/

The Citizen’s Commission on Benghazi’s interim report, in a paragraph titled “Changing sides in the War on Terror,” alleges “the U.S. was fully aware of and facilitating the delivery of weapons to the Al Qaeda-dominated rebel militias throughout the 2011 rebellion.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/10/15/classified_cia_report_finds_that_arming_rebels_rarely_works_so_where_does.html

The New York Times reports today on a still-classified CIA report, commissioned by the Obama administration during the debate in 2012 and 2013 over whether to increase U.S. support for the anti-Assad rebels in Syria.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/09/u-s-general-openly-admits-we-helped-build-isis/

To be clear, many of the rebels fighting the Assad regime in Syria are in fact “the right types.” But for some reason, the United States has time and time again backed what McInerney admits were “the wrong” rebel factions: those aligned with ISIS, and in some cases, ISIS itself.

Why do you think any post war planning would have worked. Why do you think any feudal form of government, would want to roll over to Western type, it nave to think so at best. Why is it strange that eastern governments just run different.

Because removing the organisations that give the country stability, those that have experience in running the country and alienating large parts of the population is a recipe for disaster and chaos. Mmmm look what happened an why.

Care to point out any government that operates successfully on this basis?

Do you actually understand what happened to Iraq after Saddam was defeated?

Edited by 999tigger

• 4 months later...
Moderate rebels? how do you define a moderate rebel or a terrorist? is that by whose side they were on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33997408

Yes, just being announced the US is going to arm and equip the kurds to better fight IS in Raqqa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39864950

obviously turkey deem them as the enemy and terrorists also, so theres diplomatic problems there, despite them being "friends" to the US.

Also they said they will try and get the weaponary and equipment back after Oo

good luck with that

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-president-erdogan-us-coalition-support-terrorists-a7497841.html

this is something that i have always believed, i have for a long long time believed that all this fighting ISIS was a smokescreen for trying to topple the Syrian government...and i had been called a conspiracy theorist for stating this belief, i hope Mr Erdogan can put some meat on the bones and show us his evidence. (if he has any)

What would your thoughts be if it did indeed turn out to be true?

Is ths a suprise, its called regime change, in this case it has so backfired.

Yes, just being announced the US is going to arm and equip the kurds to better fight IS in Raqqa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39864950

obviously turkey deem them as the enemy and terrorists also, so theres diplomatic problems there, despite them being "friends" to the US.

Also they said they will try and get the weaponary and equipment back after Oo

good luck with that

The PKK are still deemed a terrorist organisation by our govt so anyone joining them in their successful fight against ISIS can be expected to be charged with terrorism offences and be locked away for a very long time.

Madness. You join our army and do SFA against ISIS and get paid, or you join the PKK and fight ISIS in the front line, face to face, and you risk arrest.

Someone really needs to set out who it is OK to fight for and who it isn't.