London trip advice please

What did you expect - it's central London. Things tend to cost a fair bit.

You asked for recommendations - I gave them. If you don't like them there's no need to be snotty about it. The Guoman is a good hotel, central location close to the City which is why I use it. If you want to pay less find something less upmarket or go commandeer a park bench.

jeeez, you must be paying yourself too much.

It is a long time since I have been to London. I suspect the advice you are getting from the forum not to take your car is probably good advice. Have you thought about going with National Coach Holidays if you are on a budget. I know a lot of people who go all over the country with them including London and they say they are not bad for what you pay.

It is just a thought.

We used to take the car and drive down and leave it around Millhill and get the tube in from there but it was free to park then. I don't know how much parking around there would be now, but it was an excellent way to do it.

Not really. It's quite reasonable on prices for what it offers truth be told. About £180 a night is the usual rate perhaps a little less if you book in advance.

i knew it was expensive, just not that expensive...i am not a fan of the place to be honest, but each to their own :)

I took my daughter down 2 years ago and paid a total of £130 for 3 nights stay at a university opposite side of the road from Madam Tussauds. (Marylebone) Great views of London- 5 floors up and all the students away for the holidays. Apartment was basic, but very clean and comfortable.