Yankees Diner - Closing Down?

Bladesman

Uncle Sams was the one with the train.

James is correct when they and Uncle Sams opened they were a novelty American Diners just weren't around like they are now.

You then had the "American diner bars" like the Woodstock,Henrys,Champs and Hanarahans which were all hugely popular... for a while and the place to be seen often frequented by the footballers of the day.

Last time I went to Uncle Sams the food was ok as was the atmosphere but nothing to rave about.

Yes, it's gone.

Always preferred Uncle Sam's personally, right back to Ron Barton's days.

First place I ever heard any of Waylon Jennings tracks..great stuff.

Which one had a real New York Yellow cab (with the place's name on.) ?

As if uncle sams will close, nearly always busy. The owner, sue, owned yankees aswell. Uncle sams has been around longer than alot of us ! Yes, its nowt special, but its stood the test of time when everything else has gone,iam sure its mainly locals with children who frequent the place still.

Was it just called 'Bartons'?
.........I do believe it was!....you have just won tonights star prize.

Ground chillies in a shaker on every table just like The US of A!

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 20:02 ----------

As if uncle sams will close, nearly always busy. The owner, sue, owned yankees aswell. Uncle sams has been around longer than alot of us ! Yes, its nowt special, but its stood the test of time when everything else has gone,iam sure its mainly locals with children who frequent the place still.
........are you sure Sue owned Yankees? thought it was Micky Freeman!