Dame Jessica Ennis Hill

I agree with the above 100%.

As an aside their is a guy in my sport, granted it's not football, but clay target shooting who has won 26 world titles (13 Sporting, 11 Fitasc and 2 Compak), 19 European titles (15 Fitasc and 4 Compak), 4 European Compak titles, and 12 world cups.

26 WORLD titles, any one know of another sports man that is any where even close to that, leaving aside 19 European Titles and 12 world cups.

Maybe the above guy will be awarded a Knighthood next year, but I will not hold my breath. Imagine if Mr Hamilton had won the F1 world title 26 times if you will.

Angel1.

You know anyone can make a nomination?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nominate-someone-for-a-uk-national-honour

• 2 weeks later...
Glad it's not just me feels that way. I would have some degree of respect for her if she'd given something back to the city from the small fortune she must have made on the back of the success, no small part of which was down to use of facilities paid for by Sheffield residents. Golden girl alright! Kept all the gold. Afraid the only dame I'd make this one is a pantomime dame.

So by your logic, those that used these facilities and didn't go on to achieve fame and fortune ought to sue the facilities for failing to give them success?

Great shout that BHR.

She has been in the top three four times without ever winning. That's more than any other sportsperson.

She should have won the year it was in Sheffield (forgotten the year) but the BBC decided to put Ryan Giggs as a nominee. With a huge Man Utd worldwide fanbase there was always only going to be one winner.

I think that years result was a betting coup!.

As an aside their is a guy in my sport, granted it's not football, but clay target shooting who has won 26 world titles (13 Sporting, 11 Fitasc and 2 Compak), 19 European titles (15 Fitasc and 4 Compak), 4 European Compak titles, and 12 world cups.

26 WORLD titles, any one know of another sports man that is any where even close to that, leaving aside 19 European Titles and 12 world cups.

Maybe the above guy will be awarded a Knighthood next year, but I will not hold my breath. Imagine if Mr Hamilton had won the F1 world title 26 times if you will.

Angel1.

Has anyone ever nominated him? See post 92

Angel1.

You should nominate him, or at least get someone who knows him better to do it. I think a knighthood is possibly too much to hope for as a first honour, but sounds to me that an OBE is definitely overdue.

My godmother has a MBE - she did a lot of voluntary work for old people in her community for many years, someone nominated her and the honours committee agreed. There was no mystery or 'old boy network' involved.

Angel1.

Has anyone ever nominated him? See post 92

Maybe hasn't got a knighthood, yet, but he does appear to have an MBE, so try nominating him :thumbsup: