Racist abuse in Bramall Lane

I agree ousetunes but i thought that kick racism out of football was a europe-wide organisation- in other countries such as spain and the former soviet block countries there is still lots and lots of racist abuse to minority players.

There is hardly any racism in football towards the players definately but how many players with a pakistani or indian background can you name in the english leagues?? i think there should be far more than there are!

There is an Asian referee in the football league and on his visit to Hillsborough this season received no abuse at all.And that's a referee.That i'm sorry to say would not have been the case even 10 years ago never mind the 80's.

There is an Asian referee in the football league and on his visit to Hillsborough this season received no abuse at all.And that's a referee.That i'm sorry to say would not have been the case even 10 years ago never mind the 80's.

Sorry to be pedantic, but Gurnam Singh was the official at the Lane in a match between United and Bradford (I think the mighty Blades won 3-0) and the only chanting towards the ref (who, as I recall had a good game) was when he was poleaxed by an attempted clearance, and was down for a good couple of minutes.

That was at least 10 years ago.

I actually don't remember that much racial abuse at the Lane to be honest, but there must have been something or Howard and the rest of the crew wouldn't have set up FURD.

I have only heard racial abuse once at Bramall Lane in the mid-nineties, and the offender was reprimanded by those around him immediately. Unlike at Hillsboro, where, according to friends of mine who go there say its rife.

I recall last season against Brentford in the play offs 3 Wednesdayites, live on tv, were doing 'monkey signs' to the Brentford centre half.

Also in the derby at Swillsboro Wednesdayites gave Adi Akinbyi similar treatment.

Appalling in the year 2006 in my eyes.

Archived