Cineworld on road parking - council fine

Jamp

Hi All,

Just back from Cineworld where the car park was full as usual so I parked on pavement on the road heading out.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4040079,-1.4152107,3a,75y,171.01h,89.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swDAar4gRkmND_N7czYT3GA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There are double yellows on the road there but I was fully on the pavement which is very wide (enough for wheelchair to pass comfortably with cars there) and has a segregated line down it as if it's intended for parking (or a cycle lane - but no signs to indicate).

People have parked there for years, though I haven't before. The council traffic wardens were there putting a fine on every car parked in such a way when I returned. Presumably they are there every weekend making a killing, so be warned folks!

Hi All,

Just back from Cineworld where the car park was full as usual so I parked on pavement on the road heading out.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4040079,-1.4152107,3a,75y,171.01h,89.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swDAar4gRkmND_N7czYT3GA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There are double yellows on the road there but I was fully on the pavement which is very wide (enough for wheelchair to pass comfortably with cars there) and has a segregated line down it as if it's intended for parking (or a cycle lane - but no signs to indicate).

People have parked there for years, though I haven't before. The council traffic wardens were there putting a fine on every car parked in such a way when I returned. Presumably they are there every weekend making a killing, so be warned folks!

Yep, one of those pavements with a segregated line down the middle intended for parking. You see them all over the place, those parking pavements.

Hi All,

Double yellow lines apply to the entire highway (footpaths included). The council regularly enforce parking restrictions here due to the number of people who completely block a cycle path / footpath because they can't be bothered to wait for a space. Thanks for contributing additional tax to the council on behalf of other Sheffield residents!

Edited by mike84

who issued the so called ticket ? if its not the council then dont make contact with the company just bin it and ignore any future correspondence from them.

Same place where i got mine 3 yrs ago and they never got a penny off me.

who issued the so called ticket ? if its not the council then dont make contact with the company just bin it and ignore any future correspondence from them.

Same place where i got mine 3 yrs ago and they never got a penny off me.

Clearly says the council in the opening post. Even in the title of the thread.

Guest makapaka
Not sure what op is complaining about. Illegally parked and given a ticket what do they expect, a bouquet of flowers perhaps :huh:

They'll be someone on here blaming the council shortly don't worry....