Cineworld on road parking - council fine

Jamp

You do know that land is not infinite dont you.

Nobody is forced to take their cars. Sometimes car parks get full. You either wait your turn or find somewhere else nearby to park. Its not as if there isn't other options of getting there.

It would be a big help if selfish visitors to the arena stopped parking in there despite not using any of the facilities.

Where exactly do you expect them to magic extra car parking out of thin air?

And this is why I go to the cinema at Meadowhall, I've never found it to be difficult to park, even in the week before Xmas.

---------- Post added 08-01-2017 at 19:10 ----------

You do know that land is not infinite dont you.

Nobody is forced to take their cars. Sometimes car parks get full. You either wait your turn or find somewhere else nearby to park. Its not as if there isn't other options of getting there.

It would be a big help if selfish visitors to the arena stopped parking in there despite not using any of the facilities.

Where exactly do you expect them to magic extra car parking out of thin air?

Perhaps they (the land owners and businesses) might do something to stop the Arena parking, thus leaving enough parking available for people actually visiting centretainment. Perhaps a charge on entry that is refunded when you use any of the services available.

Hi All,

Just back from Cineworld where the car park was full as usual so I parked on pavement on the road heading out.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4040079,-1.4152107,3a,75y,171.01h,89.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swDAar4gRkmND_N7czYT3GA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There are double yellows on the road there but I was fully on the pavement which is very wide (enough for wheelchair to pass comfortably with cars there) and has a segregated line down it as if it's intended for parking (or a cycle lane - but no signs to indicate).

People have parked there for years, though I haven't before. The council traffic wardens were there putting a fine on every car parked in such a way when I returned. Presumably they are there every weekend making a killing, so be warned folks!

Are you serious? Do you honestly think that the pavement there is for PARKING?? Do double yellow lines now mean park on the pavement?

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 08:48 ----------

Don't know what they used to paint that but walked there today and it was pretty fainted.

There is one tiny little sign on a lamppost between the bushes warning to not park on cycle footpath.

It matters not what is painted on the pavement, the double yellow lines are the clue that you are not supposed to park AT ALL, not that you can park on the pavement if theres nothing there to indicate otherwise!!!