Disgusting strike action on London underground.

Regarding striking to 'shove it up the Tories' - some of the leaked emails and messages from the earlier doctors' strikes showed that in that case there was a big political aspect to the strikes, and it wasn't entirely about getting the issue resolved quickly, saying “the best solution may actually [be] to draw this right out” and proposed “a strategy that tied the DH [Department of Health] up in knots for the next 16-18 months”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/huge-leak-of-data-reveals-junior-doctors-leaders-discussed-drawing-out-dispute-for-a-year-a7049716.html

That just means work to rule, I have heard similar said about the rail dispute; nothing wrong with working to your contract.

The rail dispute could spread to other areas, unless the Government stop forcing the issue around closing the doors.

That just means work to rule, I have heard similar said about the rail dispute; nothing wrong with working to your contract.

The rail dispute could spread to other areas, unless the Government stop forcing the issue around closing the doors.

That's nothing to do with the tube strike.

It's against ticket office closures apparently. Millions of people have had their lives disrupted and looking at the pictures London it looks a right mess. I'd hate to try and get across London at the best of times but this is something else. They'll cave in very quickly and the strikers know it - they've got the city, rich and poor alike over a barrel.

That's why people strike, make as much disruption as possible.

What the actual ...!

The strikers are Londoners. You refer to them as reptilian in one breath and wish them luck and power in the next.

Did you fall out of bed this morning and hit your head?

It was a reference to them never seeing the light of day, the commuters. It wasn't supposed to be an insult. I'd hate to live in a city where I had to commute underground every day. Must be horrible!

Its always the same mate . The militant unions trying to hold the government to ransom. Its time trade unions were outlawed once and for all. They are nothing but trouble.

I have to be blunt. Are you a dumbass?

So you think it is a good idea to not have a mechanism to protect workers rights and terms and conditions and to also be able to negotiate as a group?

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 10:56 ----------

I have a vague recollection years ago that in New Zealand, they had striking rail workers but instead of shutting down the network, the continued to work, but left all the ticket barriers open and refused to take money.

It was industrial action but not as we know it. Don't lose public support this way.

So you think it is a good idea to not have a mechanism to protect workers rights and terms and conditions and to also be able to negotiate as a group?

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 10:56 ----------

I have a vague recollection years ago that in New Zealand, they had striking rail workers but instead of shutting down the network, the continued to work, but left all the ticket barriers open and refused to take money.

It was industrial action but not as we know it. Don't lose public support this way.

Illegal in the UK.

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 11:03 ----------

People will always retain the power to withdraw their labour by quitting and going to work elsewhere. Collective action is an enhancement to employee power, not the source. I'm an employee, I'm not a member of a union, and it works for me.

Edited by unbeliever