Failing NHS caused by the Tories?

It's been defunded so that it can't cope with the slightly increased numbers using it.

---------- Post added 12-01-2017 at 08:54 ----------

The doctors surgeries are full because nobody wants to be a GP anymore and elderly GPs (and even not so elderly) are retiring and/or leaving the profession after the government has spent several years attacking them.

Why does no one want to be a GP anymore? They get paid extremely well, and thanks to the disastrous contract that Labour signed in 2004, they don't even have to do evening or weekend work, which lead to an increase in people using A&E.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6314301.stm

The wealth of evidence would seem to point towards the problems in the NHS are being compounded by Tory cuts, but lets not forget the cuts are happening due to Labour over spending. This is then multiplied by the ever increasing costs on a service that is providing more than it was ever envisaged to provide. Giving breast implants to women who have had mastectomies, while being something that may help the woman in questions appearance, is not "health" related and should not be available routinely on the NHS in my opinion. There are other areas that should be looked into for reduction so that front line services are not effected and/or can be invested in for the future.

While I do believe there is a correlation between a Tory government and increasing waiting times etc in the NHS. Do not be fooled by left wing press organisations who want nothing more then to impose their agenda on its readership.

Or right wing press organisations who want nothing more then to impose their agenda on its readership.

Or right wing press organisations who want nothing more then to impose their agenda on its readership.

Oh, 100% agreed Mister M.

I would not swallow any reporting on political issues from the Daily Mail, Telegraph, The Sun, The Mirror or The Guardian, to name the most prominent publications.

The wealth of evidence would seem to point towards the problems in the NHS are being compounded by Tory cuts, but lets not forget the cuts are happening due to Labour over spending. This is then multiplied by the ever increasing costs on a service that is providing more than it was ever envisaged to provide. Giving breast implants to women who have had mastectomies, while being something that may help the woman in questions appearance, is not "health" related and should not be available routinely on the NHS in my opinion. There are other areas that should be looked into for reduction so that front line services are not effected and/or can be invested in for the future.

While I do believe there is a correlation between a Tory government and increasing waiting times etc in the NHS. Do not be fooled by left wing press organisations who want nothing more then to impose their agenda on its readership.

I'm suspicious that by underfunding the NHS, the current government is allowing it to get to a state where they can claim the private sector is going to fix the problems and slip in privatisation to some measure.

I think something like 6.1% of the NHS budget is outsourced to private companies. However, 4.4 of these percentage points (therefore the majority of it) happened under Labour.

I think something like 6.1% of the NHS budget is outsourced to private companies. However, 4.4 of these percentage points (therefore the majority of it) happened under Labour.

I'm suspicious, I didn't say I think that is what is what is overtly happening. However, Labour were in power for 12 years, the Tories have been the sole holder of the government reigns for less then 2 years, so there is plenty of time for them to push in further privatisation.

To put it simply, waiting times decreased under Labour. The Torys come in and they again start to rise with no plan to fix the issue.

Next people will be blaming the sick for being ill and using the NHS. Much like the unemployed being blamed for no work....People can't resist it.

It would make a good comedy program.

Someone will be along soon to blame it on Labour, that party that were in power 7 years ago.

Why does no one want to be a GP anymore? They get paid extremely well, and thanks to the disastrous contract that Labour signed in 2004, they don't even have to do evening or weekend work, which lead to an increase in people using A&E.

Edited by El Cid

I'm suspicious, I didn't say I think that is what is what is overtly happening. However, Labour were in power for 12 years, the Tories have been the sole holder of the government reigns for less then 2 years, so there is plenty of time for them to push in further privatisation.

To put it simply, waiting times decreased under Labour. The Torys come in and they again start to rise with no plan to fix the issue.

And what did Labour do to bring down waiting times?

Direct quote from Andy Burnham..

Burnham: ...'we brought in private sector capacity, to bring down waiting lists.'

Wark: 'Was that a mistake?'

Burnham: 'No it wasn't, because I wanted waiting lists to come down, everybody did."

They brought in private services. So, I assume there will be a similar level of outrage if the Conservatives brought in private services now (.. I don't remember any outrage at the time..)

Labour put a massive financial time-bomb under the NHS and now it's gone off.

You're blaming the clean-up crew for the bombers' mess.