Failing NHS caused by the Tories?

Why not? What makes you think she should pay more then as opposed to someone else then?

I've paid taxes for over 45 years and I still have to pay for dental treatment so why should she pay less as opposed to someone else.

---------- Post added 13-01-2017 at 17:02 ----------

So you have absolutely no idea why she didn't pay for treatment but have decided to speculate. And why do you think dental work should be paid for anyway? Why isn't free for all? Severe dental cases end up in A&E, people are even advised to go to A&E with severe dental pain if they cannot find an alternative:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Dental-abscess/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I don,t like you so please put me on ignore,what an awfull person.

Edited by ukdobby

I've paid taxes for over 45 years and I still have to pay for dental treatment so why should she pay less as opposed to someone else.

Are you for real? I'm the awful person yet you try to claim that someone who has a nice handbag is somehow a scrounger? Wow. Then you go on to say that you've paid taxes for 45 years, how on earth do you know how much tax she has or hasn't paid compared to you? Let me guess, anyone who pays more tax than you is overpaid and probably on a tax scam, and anyone who has paid less that you is a scrounger? Am I close to the mark?

If you put such horrendously judgemental and ridiculous comments on a public forum you can expect to get called out on them, as do I.

I've not even started on how you completely misread my entire post...I said why isn't all dental work free for everyone, like doctors and hospitals are? Then you couldn't get all upset that someone else seemingly got it for free when you didn't because it would be free for you too, and Mrs Louis Vitton handbag.

Are you for real? I'm the awful person yet you try to claim that someone who has a nice handbag is somehow a scrounger? Wow. Then you go on to say that you've paid taxes for 45 years, how on earth do you know how much tax she has or hasn't paid compared to you? Let me guess, anyone who pays more tax than you is overpaid and probably on a tax scam, and anyone who has paid less that you is a scrounger? Am I close to the mark?

If you put such horrendously judgemental and ridiculous comments on a public forum you can expect to get called out on them, as do I.

Million miles away.

Then you might want to explain your position on it a bit clearer then, because that's exactly how you are coming across.

You haven't a clue on my position as I don't on yours,I have my thoughts but will keep th e m to myself.

The thread is about why the nabs can't cope and I gave my opinion,if it's not the same as yours then tough but I stand my mine.

You haven't a clue on my position as I don't on yours,I have my thoughts but will keep th e m to myself.

The thread is about why the nabs can't cope and I gave my opinion,if it's not the same as yours then tough but I stand my mine.

The NHS can't cope because of increased usage mainly caused by a combination of people getting older and therefore requiring more medical care, a reduction in community care services so more people end up in hospital who previously could have been treated by support staff outside of hospital and continued lack of funding of the NHS probably since in inception in the 1950s.

Dental treatment should be free for all in my opinion and covered by national insurance as hospitals do. Your example of why the NHS is failing doesn't really hold up to any scrutiny whatsoever as dentists are a tiny proportion on NHS spending.

To directly answer the question are the Tories to blame? Of course they are, but so are Labour. Any government since the NHS was created is to blame as it has not adapted and evolved as it needed to to continually maintain standards with changing pressures and population demographics. This isn't just about funding, although that's a massive part, it's about what do we want the NHS to be, what's it purpose, does it have a public statement of it's aims? Does it want to be just emergency care, or does it what to be absolutely holistic, or something in between? If in between how is this defined? Without turning it private, it needs to start linking and acting like a FTSE 100 company and the first that it needs to do is work out what it wants to provide and what resources that needs. I full accept that is a hard ask, but unless we do as a country define what the NHS is and isn't then it is never going to work.

The NHS can't cope because of increased usage mainly caused by a combination of people getting older and therefore requiring more medical care, a reduction in community care services so more people end up in hospital who previously could have been treated by support staff outside of hospital and continued lack of funding of the NHS probably since in inception in the 1950s.

Dental treatment should be free for all in my opinion and covered by national insurance as hospitals do. Your example of why the NHS is failing doesn't really hold up to any scrutiny whatsoever as dentists are a tiny proportion on NHS spending.

To directly answer the question are the Tories to blame? Of course they are, but so are Labour. Any government since the NHS was created is to blame as it has not adapted and evolved as it needed to to continually maintain standards with changing pressures and population demographics. This isn't just about funding, although that's a massive part, it's about what do we want the NHS to be, what's it purpose, does it have a public statement of it's aims? Does it want to be just emergency care, or does it what to be absolutely holistic, or something in between? If in between how is this defined? Without turning it private, it needs to start linking and acting like a FTSE 100 company and the first that it needs to do is work out what it wants to provide and what resources that needs. I full accept that is a hard ask, but unless we do as a country define what the NHS is and isn't then it is never going to work.

And we also need to define who will pay for it. 30% VAT anyone?

45 years. Bully for you paying your taxes. There's a good boy.

Woman. Pregnant? Baby last 12 months..?

I think I know why she might be entitled. Babies are very good at suddenly stopping you earning, and prevention is better than a cure as they say so every little helps to keep your teeth sorted.

---------- Post added 13-01-2017 at 16:55 ----------

I'd venture you are right in the 10 ring there....

45 years. Bully for you paying your taxes. There's a good boy.

Woman. Pregnant? Baby last 12 months..?

I think I know why she might be entitled. Babies are very good at suddenly stopping you earning, and prevention is better than a cure as they say so every little helps to keep your teeth sorted.

---------- Post added 13-01-2017 at 16:55 ----------

I'd venture you are right in the 10 ring there....

No baby,100 bs,amazing how you know, was you that woman?