Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

StefanFGrill

The latest company to run the Waggon & Horses at Millhouses, True North, want to rent, presumably from SCC, a parcel of land to the side of the pub, to the right of the entrance to Millhouses Park, to use as fenced off beer garden.

They have offered to pay an annual sum of £20,000 & a one off of £25,000 for playground equipment for a piece of land they say is little used.

Personally, I think things should remain as they are. The pub could perhaps use part of their car as a beer garden, the pub is afterall on a good bus route & to start leasing bits of Sheffield parkland to private businesses, would start a precedent.

If there's a market for sitting out drinking in the park's surroundings, maybe Millhouses Café should apply for a alcohol licence?

As they presumably already have a similar agreement for the Forum and Devonshire Green I am assuming they have some knowledge of this...Good business to expand your business footprint x2 at such a low cost.

Used to use this pub a good while ago may give it a try but is it Dog friendly inside , don't do food places where dogs are allowed inside

Dogs allowed in the bar to the right but not in the restaurant side to the left as you go in front door. So if you want to eat without dogs nearby, go left!.

There’s a nice little pub crawl now - the Millhouses, The Robin Hood & The Waggon - all good pubs with great choice of drinks & food ??

I'd give the Robin Hood a bit of a swerve when it comes to food. Both the service & food can be a hit & miss.

Go to the Millhouses.

Millhouses was one of my locals when I moved to Sheff yonks ago.....there was a resident pianist, Norman, who used to go around with his snuff box offering a pinch to everyone between tunes!

You probably wouldn't recognise it, if you visited now? Definitely a gastro-pub, mainly set out for dining rather than a full nights drinking.

Really good food though.