Are you bothered about losing your right to live/work in Europe?

A retired person has paid for the next generation to receive a pension, the relaxation should be payed for out of the retirees own pocket instead of sponging off the taxpayer.

So you are lazing about on my money?

Disgraceful

Young people should get off their lazy backsides and get some work done, instead of posting on chat sites all day.

I cannot stand lazy good for nothings.

Then pay for your own enjoyment, don't expect the British taxpayer to stump up for you.

Sorry ? ! ? How is the above an answer to :

Originally Posted by Justin Smith

If I had to choose one country, New Zealand for me. But it`d be nice to live in Tenerife from about late October to late March, then back here for the rest of the time. Quite a few people do that more or less. Not Leave voters I`m surmising......

Sorry ? ! ? How is the above an answer to :

Originally Posted by Justin Smith

If I had to choose one country, New Zealand for me. But it`d be nice to live in Tenerife from about late October to late March, then back here for the rest of the time. Quite a few people do that more or less. Not Leave voters I`m surmising......

I think the point retep is making is, if you want to go and live in Tenerife for a few months every year, do it what's the problem?

By the way, and I'm not trying to be funny but is Tenerife in the EU. I'm saying that because when ever we've been there we've only been allowed the same duty free allowance as non EU countries.

So you are lazing about on my money?

Disgraceful

Young people should get off their lazy backsides and get some work done, instead of posting on chat sites all day.

I cannot stand lazy good for nothings.

No I'm retired but don't let that disturb your rant, I'm lazing about on my own money and don't call the young lazy good for nothings.

No I'm retired but don't let that disturb your rant, I'm lazing about on my own money and don't call the young lazy good for nothings.

Are you implying that all young people are unemployed?

All retired people are living their own money btw.

Unless you consider pensions to be some kind of charity?

Living and/or working in EU/Schengen post Brexit:

What will be your tax rate?

Will your state pension still increase?

What will be your rights of residence?

How much will your 'alien' status cost.

What will be the cost of accessing medical and social facilities?

How much money can you move across borders?

What will be the effect on transferability of qualifications/skills?

Ability to practice in a profession?

How awkward will it be for EU/Schengen employees to employ UK citizens?

Effect on Banking for mortgages, insurance, pension contributions?

Who decides? UK, EU, individual EU/Schengen countries, devolved powers of, states, counties, cantons, regions or a multitude of local regional courts?

Some of these decisions are based on agreements outside EU/Schengen but will change through bargaining.

Hmm people from the UK were moving and working in other European countries before the UK was even in the EU so....

I was planning on carrying over my half retirement as it is now, down to the Algarve setting up freesat systems for xpats etc, it's more of a downfall that Sky have altered the transmission, so freesat doesn't exist anymore in Spain and Portugal. This is more of a plan killer than brexit (for me, technically).

[/color]

I enjoy visiting other countries.,that does not mean I want my homeland to be part of them or to live there. As the French say "Vive la differance"

That's fair enough but do you have any sympathy for those that want to live elsewhere, but who will no longer be allowed?

They will have to meet the usual requirements of any autonomous country. That seems reasonable to me.

The EU has had many positive points but also many detrimental ones.