Speed bumps flashing light

I was waiting to pull out onto the main road and it seemed that an oncoming car had flashed me to pull out luckily I waited to see if he was actually letting me out which he was not as the car kept on coming

Once again it seems that going over the bumps in the road had given the impression of flashing head lights

Has anyone been caught out by this phenomenon

Edited by dillm
edited to make sense

I was waiting to pull out onto the main road and it seemed that an oncoming car had flashed ! Me to pull out luckily I waited to see if he was actually letting me out

Once again it seems that going over the bumps in the road and had given the impression of flashing head lights

Has anyone been caught out by this phenomenon

You aren't likely to get a positive response because people will post that you shouldn't make decisions based on flashing lights, but yes, you are right.

The positioning of some of them is terrible.

-

Not necessarily lights, but one good example of crap bumps is at the end of Buchanan Road (turning right onto Wordsworth) - the bumps are right next to the school bus stop, where if someone is coming in the opposite direction, it forces you to move to the left of the road to 'straddle' the bumps, moving you right in front of the bus stop. Morons create this type of thing.

My first thought when someone flashes their headlights at me is "Flash for cash". Where a driver with right of way flashes his headlights, you believe he is letting you out then runs in to you claiming injuries.

Flash for cash, doesn't that happen in the Red Light Areas ? :hihi: