Racist, sexually abusive, self obsessed president elect

As the President of the most powerful Country in the world, maybe he should be shown a little respect, you never know it might help to alter some of his views.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 26-01-2017 at 22:07 ----------

Despite what you think of the Donald, he is the President of the most powerful Nation on this planet. Ridiculing him helps no one, not even the keyboard warriors who perpetrate the bile against him.

Angel1.

I disagree; it might even save millions of lives. Admit it, the man's a dangerous idiot.

he clearly ISN'T an idiot. He won the election pretty much all by himself and with an incredible elan really. He got votes in exactly the right places, exactly where he needed them, to get an incredibly unlikely but ultimately quite easy victory that left just about all observers including me, with egg on their face.

and he didn't have some svengali Karl Rove type figure in the background pulling the levers for him either. More than any other president, he got there on his own steam.

and it really is about time the left stopped calling presidents that aren't Democratic ones, idiots. They did it with Reagan and they did it with George W. Bush too, both of whom served out their full two terms. Neither of them were idiots either, but even if they idiots, which they weren't, but even if they were, then what does that make the hapless clowns they left for dead in the polls?

Trump has made billions. Has trump made billions by making fair and even handed deals or has he got the very best deal for him? I hope Teresa has taken her best underwear.

No he hasn't. He inherited all his money and in fact if he'd simply put all his inheritance in a bank account he'd be richer than what he is now. His businesses have lost money since he took them on so he is a complete FAILURE as a businessman.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/02/investing/donald-trump-tax-returns-public-investors/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/02/investing/donald-trump-tax-returns-public-investors/

I can make a revenue of billions. I'd sell five pound notes for £1. Welcome to Trump land.

he clearly ISN'T an idiot. He won the election pretty much all by himself and with an incredible elan really. He got votes in exactly the right places, exactly where he needed them, to get an incredibly unlikely but ultimately quite easy victory that left just about all observers including me, with egg on their face.

and he didn't have some svengali Karl Rove type figure in the background pulling the levers for him either. More than any other president, he got there on his own steam.

and it really is about time the left stopped calling presidents that aren't Democratic ones, idiots. They did it with Reagan and they did it with George W. Bush too, both of whom served out their full two terms. Neither of them were idiots either, but even if they idiots, which they weren't, but even if they were, then what does that make the hapless clowns they left for dead in the polls?

No, he had Vladimir Putin in the background, whose role has yet to manifest itself.

No, he had Vladimir Putin in the background, whose role has yet to manifest itself.
Putin hasn't got a role in Trump's context. Trump has a role in Putin's context.

Trump's role is to neutralise the US geopolitical importance and relevance in Europe, so Putin can set about rebuilding a geopolitical buffer to his west. Cast your mind to Trump's anti-EU and NATO-exiting rethoric, and connect the dots ;)

Putin may also have a move away from the $ as a petrocurrency in sight, longer-term.

I'm still thinking there's a double play by Putin (Europe) and Jinping (Asia), with the aim of dragging the US down a few pegs on the World Order ranking.

Putin hasn't got a role in Trump's context. Trump has a role in Putin's context.

Trump's role is to neutralise the US geopolitical importance and relevance in Europe, so Putin can set about rebuilding a geopolitical buffer to his west. Cast your mind to Trump's anti-EU and NATO-exiting rethoric, and connect the dots ;)

Putin may also have a move away from the $ as a petrocurrency in sight, longer-term.

I'm still thinking there's a double play by Putin (Europe) and Jinping (Asia), with the aim of dragging the US down a few pegs on the World Order ranking.

In my ham-fisted way, that is what I was trying to say.

You phrased it more eloquently. (Y)

The best thing about Trump will be the backlash.

It even started before he did.

I predict impeachment hearings (or similar moves to legitimately remove him from office) before the next election, maybe even in 2017.

I think you have something there.

If my memory serves me. Trump indicated that should he become president, he will launch an IRS investigation of Jeff Bezos—the owner of the Washington Post and CEO of Amazon—and an antitrust investigation of Amazon.

If he follows up on his promise ,then that will be a flat-out abuse of power and an impeachable offense punishable by removal from office.

Note: The use of federal agencies by the president for political purposes is an impeachable offence. Only time will tell.

I think Trump will not be able to resist engaging in significant abuses of power.

Edited by petemcewan