8grm co2 capsules

Possible if you haven't already tried them,

Guns International - Gunshop, Stairfoot, Barnsley,

South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies Ltd Barnsley,

Yorkshire Tactical Airsoft Armoury, Rotherham,

Shooters World, Mexbrough.

David W Dyson Fire Arms, Huddersfield,

Redbeck Shooting Supplies, Wakefield.

Trying to source 8grm co2 capsules for use in air pistols as I've had an adapter made so I don't have to use the normal 12grm Currently paying 28p per cap of 12 grm. Looking for cheap readily available 8grm. ATB. Pete.

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for downsizing to 8grm, is there some benefit to it?

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for downsizing to 8grm, is there some benefit to it?
Its just that with 12g I get up to 120 shots before removing the co2. I sometimes want shorter sessions. I like to remove the capsules as leaving them in can cause distortion of the seal as can releasing remaining gas, it can freeze and crack the seal too. So fewer shots and cheaper is the aim. ATB. Pete.

---------- Post added 22-01-2017 at 04:53 ----------

I thought Guns International had closed down
It has! daleys scooters in Barnsley took over the business some years ago. Not a bad gun shop actually. ATB. Pete.

Its just that with 12g I get up to 120 shots before removing the co2. I sometimes want shorter sessions. I like to remove the capsules as leaving them in can cause distortion of the seal as can releasing remaining gas, it can freeze and crack the seal too. So fewer shots and cheaper is the aim. ATB. Pete.

Well what's the best price you've found on 8g cylinders?

On Amazon the cheapest deal I could see worked out at about 46p each 8g. That's roughly 6p per gram compared to the 2.33p per gram you're currently paying.

By switching to 8g (at that price) you'll be paying twice as much, wouldn't you be better off just sticking to 12g and wasting the remaining CO2 ?

Which model is it? On most guns you can slacken the adjustment screw enough that it begins to hiss very slightly, taking longer to discharge but without freezing the seal.

Edited by RootsBooster