Apple Tree Yard

GOLDEN OLDIE

I don't recall struggling to hear what people were saying in Wolf Hall, which I thought was amazing, and there's never any problems with soaps or sitcoms. I just think certain directors want authentic grunts and murmers whereas the public just want to hear whats being said and are willing to suspend their disbelief that a Dickensian beggar can talk properly.

Don't quite agree here.Pearce in Emmerdale mumbles,so does Aaron.I also have a bit of trouble with Mrs Browns Boys and Not Going Out.

I think it is really good, also I have no problems hearing it, but I do have the volume turned up rather high. I like to see Emily Watson, I think she is a good actor.

Looking forward to the next two episodes, just wondering how it will end.

Yes - second episode ramped it up a gear. Could be a classic. Guessing she's killed someone...but who....?

Yes - second episode ramped it up a gear. Could be a classic. Guessing she's killed someone...but who....?

Yes I get the impressions she has killed someone. I wonder who her mysterious lover is, Ben Chaplin. I'm beginning to think she is being set up by the Government or being blamed for the murder of the man who attacked and raped her, but I'm probably wrong. Will just have to wait and see.

I gave the first episode a chance, and watched the second...but the reaction of the bloke when she told him she'd been raped, punched and buggered was just ridiculous....a half hearted "oh dear" and an invitation to talk about it with a male friend in a cafe......:suspect: