To drink on a weekend

Facts.

What part of the 'f' word can't you grasp?

No one, not a single one of you, has dared to address the facts. I don't wonder why. You lose the argument. Instead you post drivel. Ranting emotional, questioning drivel.

I'm not the least bit interested in your opinions or your anecdotes or your life ........ just as you don't seem to be at all interested in the facts.

F word. It allows for informed debate. Educated, informed, fact based, statistical debate. Without it there is only a gossip based heresay, over emotional, pathetic wallowing in self pity that actually achieves nothing. Other than making the confessor feel better, garner sympathy and build on a zero self esteem.

Facts.

Could you please reply to my post please, I'm happy to sensibly argue the case.

Can you prove my point isn't factual?

Facts.

What part of the 'f' word can't you grasp?

No one, not a single one of you, has dared to address the facts. I don't wonder why. You lose the argument. Instead you post drivel. Ranting emotional, questioning drivel.

I'm not the least bit interested in your opinions or your anecdotes or your life ........ just as you don't seem to be at all interested in the facts.

F word. It allows for informed debate. Educated, informed, fact based, statistical debate. Without it there is only a gossip based heresay, over emotional, pathetic wallowing in self pity that actually achieves nothing. Other than making the confessor feel better, garner sympathy and build on a zero self esteem.

Facts.

Fact off!!

I've got a alcohol unit measure cup.so you can stay within your unit limits.per week.....that's the only way you can argue your not overdoing it

Not wishing to appear thick , but how much alcohol is one unit? We have so many different strengths of booze i.e beer, wines spirits, and differing volumes of liquid. How does one work out a mean unit? Not trying to be funny, just seems weird to me and I've been drinking for over 50 years . I am not an alcoholic , by the way lol:shakes:

'Facts' refers to:

'More than 9 million people in the UK drink more than the recommended daily limits.

From the entire adult population that is 20%. Two in every ten. Or, 9 out of 10 who played for Leeds United in the 70s.

In the UK, in 2014 there were 8,697 alcohol-related deaths. You could add a few more who were never found as they rotted away in parks and woodlands. That they were never found is deplorable. That they were never missed is understandable.

Alcohol is 10% of the UK burden of disease and death, making alcohol one of the three biggest lifestyle risk factors for disease and death in the UK, after smoking and obesity. Those of you who are clearly overweight, like the odd drag and are opening a bottle as you read this haven’t got long left. And I don’t mean to finish the bottle.

An estimated 7.5 million people are unaware of the damage their drinking could be causing. The attitudes vary from outright denial to confused, ill-informed insults posted within this thread.

Alcohol related harm costs England around £21bn per year, with £3.5bn to the NHS, £11bn tackling alcohol-related crime and £7.3bn from lost work days and productivity costs. So, it’s a lifestyle of workshy, low level criminality interrupted by frequent hospital visits.

It costs £500 m to build a hospital. That’s 80 hospitals in total that we don’t have each year.

Year on year.

In the UK in 2012-13, there were 1,008,850 hospital admissions related to alcohol consumption where an alcohol-related disease, injury or condition was the primary reason for hospital admission or a secondary diagnosis. So when your relative has a cancelled op., or can’t get a bed, or has to wait on a corridor, you now know why.

However, if you include deaths where alcohol was a contributing factor (such as various cancers, falls and hypertensive diseases), the figure increases by 21,512. That’s about the total sum of their contribution to society; they keep the undertakers busy around an otherwise slack period of Xmas.

The alcohol-related mortality rate of men in the most disadvantaged socio-economic class is 3.5 times higher than for men in the least disadvantaged class, while for women the figure is 5.7 times higher. That is, if you are poor and poorly educated you drink a lot more than someone who did well at school and has a decent well paid job.

In England and Wales, 63% of all alcohol-related deaths in 2012 were caused by alcoholic liver disease. So it can start at any age but takes a few years to kill you. '

Please take the trouble to consider these in reference to debating this issue in a mature fashion.

Edited by Owethemnowt

What have those facts got to do with moderate drinking and being t-total.

And what about these facts?

How about you address these facts OTN?

The fact that moderate drinking reduces the overall risk of mortality. His lifestyle is LESS healthy, not more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4424174.html

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup/...CZBIA4LVPAVW3Q

Are these facts too difficult for you?

'Facts' refers to:

'More than 9 million people in the UK drink more than the recommended daily limits.

From the entire adult population that is 20%. Two in every ten. Or, 9 out of 10 who played for Leeds United in the 70s.

In the UK, in 2014 there were 8,697 alcohol-related deaths. You could add a few more who were never found as they rotted away in parks and woodlands. That they were never found is deplorable. That they were never missed is understandable.

Alcohol is 10% of the UK burden of disease and death, making alcohol one of the three biggest lifestyle risk factors for disease and death in the UK, after smoking and obesity. Those of you who are clearly overweight, like the odd drag and are opening a bottle as you read this haven’t got long left. And I don’t mean to finish the bottle.

An estimated 7.5 million people are unaware of the damage their drinking could be causing. The attitudes vary from outright denial to confused, ill-informed insults posted within this thread.

Alcohol related harm costs England around £21bn per year, with £3.5bn to the NHS, £11bn tackling alcohol-related crime and £7.3bn from lost work days and productivity costs. So, it’s a lifestyle of workshy, low level criminality interrupted by frequent hospital visits.

It costs £500 m to build a hospital. That’s 80 hospitals in total that we don’t have each year.

Year on year.

In the UK in 2012-13, there were 1,008,850 hospital admissions related to alcohol consumption where an alcohol-related disease, injury or condition was the primary reason for hospital admission or a secondary diagnosis. So when your relative has a cancelled op., or can’t get a bed, or has to wait on a corridor, you now know why.

However, if you include deaths where alcohol was a contributing factor (such as various cancers, falls and hypertensive diseases), the figure increases by 21,512. That’s about the total sum of their contribution to society; they keep the undertakers busy around an otherwise slack period of Xmas.

The alcohol-related mortality rate of men in the most disadvantaged socio-economic class is 3.5 times higher than for men in the least disadvantaged class, while for women the figure is 5.7 times higher. That is, if you are poor and poorly educated you drink a lot more than someone who did well at school and has a decent well paid job.

In England and Wales, 63% of all alcohol-related deaths in 2012 were caused by alcoholic liver disease. So it can start at any age but takes a few years to kill you. '

Please take the trouble to consider these in reference to debaating this issue in a mature fashion.

Do you have any (addictions/likes for things that you shouldnt/do you drive?)