Diesel drivers to pay 50% extra to park in London who will be next?

Just read that Westminster City Council are going to charge drivers of diesel cars 50% on top of the current rate of £4.90-an-hour to park.

The scheme is likely to be an easy money-making scheme for the council and others could follow suit.

Edmund King, president at the AA, told the Telegraph he expected it to "spread like wildfire".

I wonder how long before SCC decide to follow suit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drivers-polluting-diesel-cars-hit-9709291

Just read that Westminster City Council are going to charge drivers of diesel cars 50% on top of the current rate of £4.90-an-hour to park.

The scheme is likely to be an easy money-making scheme for the council and others could follow suit.

Edmund King, president at the AA, told the Telegraph he expected it to "spread like wildfire".

I wonder how long before SCC decide to follow suit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drivers-polluting-diesel-cars-hit-9709291

Not so long ago all the greenies and experts on all things were telling us to buy diesel cars ,now the same experts are telling us the opposite .

The inmates are indeed running the Asylum .

Not so long ago all the greenies and experts on all things were telling us to buy diesel cars ,now the same experts are telling us the opposite .

The inmates are indeed running the Asylum .

Cars that dont have a catalytic converter, pre 1992, are dirtier than most diesels, will they have higher charges too?

I would have thought all vehicle emissions sky rocket when accelerating hard.