Wearing nightwear during the day!

Saw an old lady in a well known supermarket wearing dirty slippers and mucky pyjamas. She looked, and smelled as if she'd just got out of bed. It would put a lot of people off their shopping and off that store which obviously allowed it. The doorman shouldn't have allowed her in - in my opinion.

Have you heard yourself. Old lady who might have been unwell. Lost her husband lost her way in life..in your opinion shouldn't have been allowed to shop because she smells & looked unkempt. Get life you Moran

And we speculate why Southerners think Northerners are of low intelligence ... venturing out to the supermarket in slippers, a dressing gown and rollers? I believe this tradition started in Liverpool? ... enough said!

---------- Post added 28-01-2017 at 23:34 ----------

The never have a washing machine though ... why do they all use the launderette?

Probably where the local drug baron sells his wares?.

Angel1.

My wife laughs at me because although I will wear grey jogging bottoms around the house for comfort I will change in to trousers if I have to pop down to the shop.

I refuse to be seen in public in jogging bottoms unless I am out jogging.

Haha! My husband could have wrote that (you're not him are you?!)

Personally, I'd not leave the house unless I felt suitably presentable, I just couldn't do it I'm afraid, I'd feel uncomfortable. Not even to take the little one 2 mins down the road to school!

Like you, my thoughts on sports wear is that it's for sporty activity and indoors only!

Haha! My husband could have wrote that (you're not him are you?!)

Personally, I'd not leave the house unless I felt suitably presentable, I just couldn't do it I'm afraid, I'd feel uncomfortable. Not even to take the little one 2 mins down the road to school!

Like you, my thoughts on sports wear is that it's for sporty activity and indoors only!

Let's all hope your house never catches fire.

Whilst I agree with all the comments on this thread, I worry that this is just another trend which will just keep growing until it becomes the norm.

Its not really that much of a new trend anyway, for years I have seen blokes in the summer who think its perfectly acceptable to pop on nothing but a pair of tracksuit bottoms, beer gut hanging out and sweaty torso bared wandering around the supermarket.

Is it really any different than this bizzare sight of young women out in public, shopping and having lunch with rollers, curlers and hair nets on. Its it any different to the thousands out and about wearing skin tight leggins, big backsides poking out and underwear half way up their crack for the world to see.

IMO for shops the old skool "no shirt no service" signs needs to be updated.

Women were going out in rollers and hairnets when I was little and I'm in my 70's. Nothing new there . Think Ena Sharples and Hilda Ogden LOL:D