Changing plugs on a car - will it improve anything??

I have a BMW 630i, it has now done 180k. It still runs like a dream but according to the Idrive the plugs are due a change in 5k so I was thinking of doing them early. I've had it since 130k and i have never changed them so I think the default replacement interval is pretty high. Just wondering if I am likely to notice any improvement after doing it. Economy, performance, emissions??

:)

The plugs in my Renault Scenic have done 11,000 miles; I will be replacing them as soon as I can, as it seems to be running a little lumpy.

So... The chart I found that says they don't need the gap adjusting gives a part number. If I use that part number on other sites to order them they all say it is not suitable for my car!

The gap on compatible plugs seems to vary between makes and I can't see anything that says what the gap should be on a 630i

I think I might get the garage to do it!

:D

All of the BMW petrols except for S series engines are 0.5 to 0.7mm gaps.

NGK ZKBR7A-HTU is the part for the N52B30 engine which is what you should have.

Edited by Obelix

The plugs in my Renault Scenic have done 11,000 miles; I will be replacing them as soon as I can, as it seems to be running a little lumpy.

Check what the change interval is first, some cars running Iridium plugs have a service interval of 50,000 miles or more.

The plugs are about a tenner each, so you don't wanna change those after only 11,000.