Do we need breakfast?

not a lot of fat in zero fat greek yoghurt.

and no sugars in sugar free muesli

there is some in the banana though

---------- Post added 28-01-2017 at 22:54 ----------

nope you can do whatever you want. its your body feel free to use it how ever you fancy

If eating a healthy breakfast causes me to lose my sense of humour, I think i will go on to the lard diet. :)

I find this an interesting topic.

I can't eat for about 2 hours after I get up. I have no appetite and cannot stomach food. Does anyone else feel like this when they first get up?

I do. Even when been on tablets that you are required to take food with, I just dunk a biscuit in a cup of tea in the morning. I don't usually eat until noon.

I can't eat for about 2 hours after I get up. I have no appetite and cannot stomach food. Does anyone else feel like this when they first get up?

Yes dales,I am the same and have never been a breakfast person.I never feel like eating anything before dinner,often missing that too.I do a physical job and drink a lot of sweet tea maybe that keeps me going because I only eat at teatime,then not large meals.

Yes dales,I am the same and have never been a breakfast person.I never feel like eating anything before dinner,often missing that too.I do a physical job and drink a lot of sweet tea maybe that keeps me going because I only eat at teatime,then not large meals.

Me too Dale! Nothing as extreme as Lottiecass, but I just have no appetite at all when I wake up. At the same time, if I don't eat breakfast I find that I can't just hold off until lunch, I get crazy hungry (very quick/metabolism plus an active high energy consuming job I think).

I got around it by having breakfast at work! This meant that I would wake up, be active for about an hour and a half and then have breakfast. I would then still have 4 hours until lunch and I would have an appetite and actually enjoy the breakfast rather than it seeming like a chore!

If I don't have breakfast I'm starving by 10.30. In the past I'd eat biscuits...now I take an apple to eat. Then I have lunch. Then I'm not hungry until teatime.

I'm always hungry by then anyway, even when I have porridge :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-01-2017 at 08:25 ----------

I'm fortunate that we're allowed to make and eat breakfast at work (usually porridge) during our work hours. I start at 8am and have to catch the bus at 6.45. If I couldn't eat breakfast at work, I'd probably skip it. I'd have to be up mega early to eat it at home, and I'd be forcing it down because I'm just not hungry when I first get up.

I can count on two hands how many times I've eaten breakfast in the last 10 years.

It makes me feel very sick, and I've found it makes me more hungry for lunchtime. If I don't eat breakfast, I can easily skip lunch too if I need to.

I typically eat two meals a day, a kind of brunch at around 11am which is usually either cereal and toast or a sandwich, then a cooked dinner at about 6.30 - 7pm. Years ago I read somewhere that you should allow yourself to get properly hungry between meals, that it's good for you to be running on empty for at least a short while every day and I adopted this approach. The result was that I lost 10kg quite quickly and then it levelled off and I've never put it back on.