Trump's travel ban..

I should add that I am against anybody buying guns unless in exceptional circumstances, and I would like America to adopt guns laws similar to the UK, and so am not saying that Trump's order is a good one, only explaining that it is not as sensationalist as the headlines suggest.

I've read these kind of remarks from British people so many times. While I do agree with this kind of notions of gun control, I know that my opinion on the matter is totally irrelevant because I am not American.

where people like Robin-H get it wrong is thinking that they can just transplant their British or European mindset over to the United States and click it in, just like that, as if it is an electric plug into the wall (and that won't work, either).

they don't seem to realise that were they American themselves, their mindset would be different than it is as a British or European person.

were they American they would have a different attitude towards God and religion. Even if they were really secular, they would be that little bit less secular. They'd have a slightly different attitude towards abortion - if they are pro-choice in Britain or Holland they would be that little bit less pro-choice if they were American. If they are American, then they would be about 20% more right-wing than they are now. And, were they American, they would likely have a much different attitude, towards gun control too.

trasnplanting the British or European mindset into an American context doesn't work. They just do things differently over there.

Whether or not he has the right (to be decided by the courts) then the temporary block is somewhats of a kick in the nuts for Trump he should have taken his time and got full legal adbice before embarking on it. It makes him look like a noob.

Why should DT bother to take time and pretend to look like something that he is not.

When DT firsts got in he loved to sign these important papers, there was a big smile on his face. Now there appear some pics you can see and feel he is getting tired of it already and don't want to sign anymore or what he signs is against his will.

We could make a funny comedy series out of it called The white house.

Why should DT bother to take time and pretend to look like something that he is not.

When DT firsts got in he loved to sign these important papers, there was a big smile on his face. Now there appear some pics you can see and feel he is getting tired of it already and don't want to sign anymore or what he signs is against his will.

The Swedish deputy PM is already making fun of it.:hihi:

:https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/feb/03/sweden-criticises-us-climate-stance-as-it-reveals-ambitious-carbon-emissions-law

I thought the hand movements would be as funny as it would get with Trump,but he's turning into the gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by chalga

We will see. His ego is large. I have liked how he has tried to implement things, but you get the feeling its for his supporters and he hasnt checked them through properly. maybe its a bit different running your own business as an autocrat than being president.

We will see. His ego is large. I have liked how he has tried to implement things, but you get the feeling its for his supporters and he hasnt checked them through properly. maybe its a bit different running your own business as an autocrat than being president.

You think Tmay understands him and uses that to her advantage or is she just falling fool to his egoistic games.

"US President Donald Trump has vowed to overturn a legal ruling which suspended his ban on travellers from seven mainly Muslim countries.

He described federal judge James Robart as a "so-called" justice whose "ridiculous" opinion "essentially takes law-enforcement away from" the US."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38868571

"US President Donald Trump has vowed to overturn a legal ruling which suspended his ban on travellers from seven mainly Muslim countries.

He described federal judge James Robart as a "so-called" justice whose "ridiculous" opinion "essentially takes law-enforcement away from" the US."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38868571

There will be someone out there who is smarter and DT actions are a begging invitation to test to see if he is really safe there in the white house.

The world is full surprises that are more likely to pop up when you play egoistic games with them.