Jeez, hospitals are dirty

My child had a minor accident late yesterday afternoon. Tried the 111 but was told we'd have to wait 3hrs. My partner was anxious to know if it was serious so we headed over to A&E - I'm not going to say which as I've visited 2 seperate hospitals in the past year in 2 seperate areas.

Well, my god!! It was Rank! Disgusting, you could see filth everywhere. My child asked to go to the toilet whilst we were waiting......it was worse than a portaloo at Glastonbury.

The assessment room was dirty, drawers broken, lights not working, coffee/tea stains, fluff/dust in the corners of of the floor, dirty mop marks were the mop hadn't been rinsed, just used to smear the germs evenly.

Disgraceful. My local dentist is absolutely spotless, my local GP is spotless too. But hospitals......

My child had a minor accident late yesterday afternoon. Tried the 111 but was told we'd have to wait 3hrs. My partner was anxious to know if it was serious so we headed over to A&E - I'm not going to say which as I've visited 2 seperate hospitals in the past year in 2 seperate areas.

Well, my god!! It was Rank! Disgusting, you could see filth everywhere. My child asked to go to the toilet whilst we were waiting......it was worse than a portaloo at Glastonbury.

The assessment room was dirty, drawers broken, lights not working, coffee/tea stains, fluff/dust in the corners of of the floor, dirty mop marks were the mop hadn't been rinsed, just used to smear the germs evenly.

Disgraceful. My local dentist is absolutely spotless, my local GP is spotless too. But hospitals......

I Hope your child child is recovering from the accident.

I assume you have made an official complaint to the hospital concerned. As just

posting on here is not going to help.

Why are you not prepared to name and shame if the conditions were as bad

as you say. Did you have a mobile phone with a camera. Taking a few photos to back up your post,would help

Edited by bazjea

Dirty hospitals are a serious issue. I was reading somewhere that deaths from hospital acquired infections like MRSA are incredibly high. Partly this is due to the very high occupancy rates of beds, but also people in hospital are, by definition very poorly, and don't have the same immune system as someone who is fit.

I do know that any primary care provider I have visited are always spotless, though secondary care services, like hospitals, can leave a lot to be desired.

I agree with bazjea, write a letter to the hospital, informing them of your concerns. I would have no hesitation, even though most of the time I don't like 'making a fuss'. Like I said, cleanliness in hospitals is a serious issue.

Sorry, but I don't want to name them. We all read how cuts are affecting the NHS and I'm pretty certain the staff must see it if I do. Yes, both hospitals that I visited were both disgusting. My father had an infection during an operation that led to him being bed bound at home for a year! My partners uncle went into another hospital and contacted MRSA, his final 5yrs after leaving hospital destroyed his life. Saw the man go from a strapping 6ft bloke full of zest to a hunched virtually crippled man who simply gave up.

My mother had a fall a year ago and as ill as she was she said the ward was dirty.

Don't get me wrong I am not criticising the care given, but the cleanliness is shockingly bad.