Academy - Term Time Holiday

Taxation, where else?

if people want the benefits of living in a modern, happy country, where the people are civilised and well educated, they should pay for it.

If people don't like it, let them clear off to somewhere that has no taxation.

I was only suggesting we develop and move forwards, if people want to stick with old fashioned systems that are creaking at the seams, so be it.

Hang on, you want me to pay more tax so you can basically have a cheaper holiday ?

I think I pay enough already without having to subsidise your holidays.

Hang on, you want me to pay more tax so you can basically have a cheaper holiday ?

I think I pay enough already without having to subsidise your holidays.

Nothing to do with me, I can have holidays when I want. I am a retired grandfather on pensions.

My children are middle aged and have children of their own.

I was just suggesting a better method, and trying to help young people as well.

And you have missed the point completely.

(If you are so short of brass, btw, there are schemes to help you btw)

Nothing to do with me, I can have holidays when I want. I am a retired grandfather on pensions.

My children are middle aged and have children of their own.

I was just suggesting a better method, and trying to help young people as well.

And you have missed the point completely.

(If you are so short of brass, btw, there are schemes to help you btw)

Not missed the point at all, I was just referring to the bit where you said that taxation could be used to pay for the extra workload needed to make your ideas work and as I pay taxes I would end up footing the bill.

I actually support the idea of staggering of school holidays around the regions to help with holiday costs but I suspect all that will happen is that the prices will just increase across the board. Flexible holidays within a school just aren't practical as some children will never catch up the lessons missed.

Not missed the point at all, I was just referring to the bit where you said that taxation could be used to pay for the extra workload needed to make your ideas work and as I pay taxes I would end up footing the bill.

I actually support the idea of staggering of school holidays around the regions to help with holiday costs but I suspect all that will happen is that the prices will just increase across the board. Flexible holidays within a school just aren't practical as some children will never catch up the lessons missed.

Some children, unfortunately will never be able to learn, or catch up on work, even during the rigid set hours you love so much.

Everyone should learn at their own speed, and be given as much time as required.

The school system was introduced to give children enough knowledge to count, to do basic writing, and to be able to read written orders, so they could work in factories.

It has not changed to this day, except in slight cosmetic ways.

It must change to meet modern life styles, as it is not fit for purpose.

My idea regarding the holiday prices is that they become more equable.

For instance, at present I can book a flight to the Canaries for about 50 quid. In August, this will be about 350 quid.

Edited by Jacktari
afterthought

I think parents are bad people if they take holiday with children during school time. If expenses are too much to fly to far away countries, I think they should take holiday in England.

So you think hard working parents who go to work are bad people !!

It's not always about cost.... some working parents CANNOT take their holidays during the school holidays...... so in your view these parents should not go away on holiday with their children ? STUPID.

• 4 months later...
Its £120 per child, reduced to £60 if you pay straight away.

The High Court ruled last year, though, concluded that if a child’s overall attendance is at least 90 per cent, a parent should be able to take them out of school for a holiday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/supreme-court-ruling-children-on-holiday-in-term-time-fines-department-for-education-a7555841.html

This has now been rescinded-

"According to PA, Platt was found guilty at Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Friday 23 June 2017"